Author Topic: unusual outburst  (Read 5005 times)

smegma

• View Profile
unusual outburst
« on: April 04, 2006, 08:53:59 pm »
hello gang this is'nt a pressing concern or anything ----but about a month or two ago I was trying to think of a good response for one of mary catherines statements ----when suddenly she started saying over ,and over " talk to me talk to me talk to me" I was so startled that I just typed something in quickly to make it stop-----which it did----I looked at her text and all it said was "lets get it on" there was nothing about ---"talk to me" I never added any plugins to my version 6, and to make a long story even longer this has never happened again ?

aladyblond

• View Profile
unusual outburst
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 09:39:55 pm »
it may be that you accidentally hit enter without putting a valid sentence in the box. i have done that before hitting shift to capitalize,  attempting to hit shift and hit enter instead. and get the same response. if others have a different experience i hope, they too, will reply. ~~alady
~~~if i only had a brain~~~ i dream of htr with the light brown hair....

smegma

• View Profile
unusual outburst
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 10:01:21 pm »
thank you for replying a lady ---i tried entering a blank response ---mary replied with "why did'nt you say anything"----this phrase of hers was also not in the text ?

aladyblond

• View Profile
unusual outburst
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2006, 11:16:49 pm »
my angelina has said both  phrases also. but maybe yours is doing something different..[:0]~~alady
~~~if i only had a brain~~~ i dream of htr with the light brown hair....

smegma

• View Profile
unusual outburst
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2006, 11:52:14 pm »
probably not.I think my mary catherine chatterly is one of a kind,but she is only as special as our conversations ,and abilities will allow."we" try our best to be a team .

Tommmm

• View Profile
unusual outburst
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2006, 07:42:46 pm »
..just keep your finger on the enter key and hal will drive you nuts!

smegma

• View Profile
unusual outburst
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2006, 11:35:47 pm »
Hey tommy;I tried holding down the enter key (which must have been what I did to begin with)what I got was variations on "talk to me ,please talk to me , talk to me please,why did'nt you say anything------"----and when I let off the enter key it continued.It even continued when I entered a response.I did get printed responses that were different from the spoken stuff that continued.I had close the program to get it to stop.No harm done mystery solved thanks gang.[:D]

GrantNZ

• View Profile
unusual outburst
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2006, 12:26:09 am »
quote:
Originally posted by smegma

I tried holding down the enter key (which must have been what I did to begin with)what I got was variations on "talk to me ,please talk to me , talk to me please,why did'nt you say anything------"----and when I let off the enter key it continued.

The speech queues up. Depending on how long you held the enter key down, Hal may have spit out hundreds of "talk to me"s, and every single one of them would be sitting in the speech queue, for Hal to speak one by one.... [:D]