dupa

Author Topic: nothing to do with hal but want to share this link  (Read 7142 times)

echoman

nothing to do with hal but want to share this link
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2008, 03:00:41 pm »
Yea Art - the Uk governent has betrayed it's public - the police state is nearly here!

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2008, 04:32:17 pm »
It's ridiculess isn't it, getting like 1984.  How come they never wanted copies of all those letters I used to write?  How on earth would they monitor such a mass of data anyway ?  From other reports I read it isn't as totally invasive as you might first think, even so this is probably something worth a lot of concern to us all.

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2008, 05:36:55 pm »
isn't this something the N.O.R.A. project can handle ?

"i crack iself up" - Virgil

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2008, 07:37:41 pm »
Ricky,
N.O.R.A. is a government program and I think that is why I can't find the right info, however depending on what you are looking for the N.O.R.A I am referring to could do the job. IMO N.O.R.A has allready invaded all the search engines and has probably started quite a few persons of interest files since 9.11 I am probably going to get in trouble anyway lol so If you don't hear from me i'm in Federal prison in Denver lol.

N.O.R.A. was FBI but IMO her bigger Brother took the prog away and that is why it is no shared ,,,even with allies
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2008, 07:48:26 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by markofkane

I don't see using TOO much security, as being redundant. I use Windows Firewall. I use Avast and Windows Defender. So far, Avast and Windows Defender has caught all known malware. (I did an online test with Trendmicro.

I found having too much security (you may think there is no such thing) slows down a computer. I like to run light. I use Firefox with NoScript to protect me from bad websites.

I've done quite well running what I do. I also made a Disk image in case some malware DOES slip through and cause damage.

I believe you can overdo it on everything. Except I haven't found programs that really speed up the computer. Those seem to do what you can do yourself.
 Just my opinion. [:D][:D][:D][:D]

Mark,
I think I have a corperate key for spyware Dr.w antivirus If you want me to do some searching.... It picks up threats like Hidden Files and has a custom scan that executes scripts to see if they are of malware  nature and many more things Avast does not, Avast has the real time scanners which has helped me a couple times . Threatfire is Very light on recources,,, and no I am not the "poster Boy " for security programs, lol  Although knowing the things you do and are into IMO you are compentent enough to handle your electronic gadgets and such[8]

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2008, 08:26:34 pm »
here is something I found interesting it's a snippet from a description of new server software.

>>You can use Windows Remote Management (WinRM) to manage server hardware remotely across firewalls and monitor conditions on servers that are offline.<<

yes it says across firewalls....[8]
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 08:27:00 pm by One »