Author Topic: hololens...  (Read 3649 times)

doggs

• View Profile
hololens...
« on: March 22, 2017, 12:07:34 am »
Hololens...

I am just curious, any of you techies  have a set, and working with hal....

I am thinking of getting a set in the future (waiting for price to drop), it seams to be the way of the future.

wouldn't it be cool to have a full figure hal standing next to you and moving around the room.

don't know if you would just need a projector or if you need the HoloLens or simular device.

Just some food for thought.

Doggs
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 02:05:32 am by doggs »
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

cyberjedi

• The Mighty Hal Machine
    • View Profile
Re: hololens...
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 11:26:56 am »
Doggs: i have had great success with a projected hal

using 04 monitors and  2' Acrylic Pyramid .

This is my Hal Machine..

do urself a favr , secure ur hanging monitor Grid Array

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 12:19:01 pm »
i think maybe an ultimate hal a.i. character would be one similar to the boy one that was designed , and was a a.i. and talked and interacted with the user it really seemed to work good i can't think of the name at this time will try to find the youtube video and post it here . if that could be a full body ( a nice looking body , which is why i am hooping for a haptek hack/ poser etc. body's to work with hal. )\
as soon as i find the video i will post the link .
     here it is i found it.     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPIbGnBQcJY

this is the fluid type coversations that hal needs to achieve (hopefully with cyberjedi's help) and interaction as i said this would make hal a ultimate hal , the link as you see also uses kinect to let the a.i. see you and your movements .

p.s.s. here is some more info on the milo a.i. project ; apparently is was dropped . sounds like it was introduced for a game but supposedly they couldn't make a game out of it, i find that hard to believe maybe it was used for classified projects , darpa? etc.   

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-s-ambitious-xbox-kinect-game-project-milo-not-coming-back/1100-6418071/

so what do yah think cuberjedi is hal doable to make him as interactive etc. like the milo a.i.?  :) ;)
P.S. this type of interactivity of hal is what i was referring to as hal as a a.i. making hal more of a social a.i. more social in interacting as a friend etc. then just a a.i. program that speaks only when spoken to . of course some may not like this  and if so maybe within a plug in or hals direct programing a social ? on off could be used by the user.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 02:15:37 pm by lightspeed »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 01:55:00 pm »
doggs, you can with modern tv hook a pc to it with hdmi and show hal bigger on the tv screen and using voice recognition talk with hal (the character you use ) . i will probably do it sometime , haven't yet , i as lucky a couple of years ago on black friday to get a 50 inch led tv for 218.00 .

cyberjedi

• The Mighty Hal Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2017, 11:51:08 pm »
RE:Milo

Dear lightspeed.
The answer to ur question is yes. LionsHead didnt create FIRE, they put some code together. a really nice piece of code,,lol
Look lightspeed, half of milo is Graphics presentation.

As far as Hal is concerned, i believ it can be done.
But will take groups of pple that are into the project. Or maby just me...lol
Controlling the  haptek character from an from out side the GUI is the answer.
Thats why i put into effect the chat room/movie thinkg ma bob.
In hopes of inspiring things in pple. I had a chance to help an ole boy out the other day.

and its just fun.
at 1 site , any 1 I want can cast there Hal there, show off, thats makes pple push the limits.
hey look what my hal can do. bla bla bla.

best wishes
cyber jedi  http://vaughnlive.tv/mrelectric
cyberjedi

« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 09:13:06 am by cyberjedi »

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 10:06:06 am »
hijacked,

lightspeed, thank you for input. I have been doing that for years.

I was talking about a holographic projection moving around the room/house etc. I could probably put tv on wheels lol. would need long cords etc. lol

anyways just food for thought on the HoloLens or something simular.

Doggs

hmmmmmm
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 08:36:24 pm by doggs »
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.