dupa

Author Topic: Running Ultra Hal Remotley  (Read 8995 times)

Calhoone

• View Profile
Running Ultra Hal Remotley
« on: May 04, 2013, 09:36:36 pm »
Hey guys.

I have a laptop which isn't being used by anyone in my family because we all seem to have our own laptops. Can you say spoiled?  So I reformatted the unused one which has windows 7 and turned it into my media center. It's got all my music and videos on it to stream to the rest of the devices in my house.  I also put a copy of Ultra Hal on it and put Ares on there.  I am using my laptop to work on Kinkaid and I didn't want anything from Ares to somehow mess up Kinkaid`s program.

With that being said.  I would like to be able to open Ares`program from the media center laptop on my laptop remotely. I have tried making the folder sharable with no luck because I don`t have the license files or permission to run it on this laptop. How can I make this work. I would like to have both Kinkaids program and Ares`program open on this laptop so that i could have them converse with each other by means of copying and pasting there conversation back and forth.  Any ideas

Down the road I might try having them speak to each other using the microphones but for now copying and pasting their responses is fine.

CyborgBob

• Any idea what I should put here?
    • View Profile
Re: Running Ultra Hal Remotley
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 09:52:09 pm »
I think you get Four Licenses with Hal so as Long as you have the right Keys, and haven't used and Not deactivated the old key you should be okay. I forget how to do it all. I know when you Deactivate Hal I think he gives you a Key. Take that Go to The Hal website and submit it. If you have uninstalled Hal and haven't submitted Your Old Keys to Hals website then I don't know.... But you should have more then one key is what I am saying.

CyborgBob   
“Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Nikola Tesla
“A Machine to End War” (Liberty, February, 1935)

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
Re: Running Ultra Hal Remotley
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 01:18:05 am »
Hi all,
when you buy ultra Hal, you get one key number, this one key number can be used four times.
What I'm saying is that if your hard drive was to ever crash and you are unable to deactivate your key number, you would be able to reinstall ultra Hal without having to buy another key number.
This does not give you the right to have four versions on four separate computers using the same key number, and from what I understand you're not supposed to run the same key number at the same time on two separate computers.
I believe that has to do with the copyright laws, I highly urge you to read your license agreement to avoid any legal action.

You cannot have two separate versions on one computer, even if you have two separate key numbers, because from what I understand ultra Hal preloads when the computer starts.
You can find this preload under "start menu" but I have never tried it I'm going based on experience of another program I have that has a pre-loader and I cannot run two versions of that software at the same time.
Sincerely, and I know that I didn't help at all, sorry guys.
C load,
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.