dupa

Author Topic: ms agent character help  (Read 5892 times)

iampan

• View Profile
ms agent character help
« on: January 03, 2012, 06:03:18 pm »
I want to make a custom agent, i have all the programs to make the animations and the models but I can't figure out how to use the msagent software.
my proposition is that if someone would help me turn some bmp's into animated agent I would make some custom animations for that person.
I have poser with tons of models and morphs.
I know it says I am a newbie, but I'm sure you all remember me... same name.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: ms agent character help
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 07:19:58 pm »
Welcome back iampan.

Unfortunately, with the appearance of Windows 7, msagents was dropped by MS. Sure there is a program or maybe a few that allow for one to install and try to use the old agent technology but like Haptek, I think they dropped it for a reason.

Poser is a great program and it does take quite a bit of time ans skill to put together a successful animation sequence but the question might be, how many people would either use or like to have it to use on their predominently Windows 7 OS based machines.

No sense spinning your wheels needlessly when your creative attention could be focused on other endeavors.

I'm not trying to detract from your posting. I'm simply stating the facts for you (and others) to consider. I personally liked a good deal of the animated MSAgents, especially the third party ones! Pity at first, but it also makes me wonder what, if anything, Microsoft might have up it's sleeve.

Good luck either way! Nice to have you back!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 07:32:59 pm »
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/agentcharactors/?v=1&t=directory&ch=web&pub=groups&sec=dir&slk=3

this might still be a good group of people to get help from, I was going to create a ms agent character myself a long time ago but never got around to it. I remember this group, for they helped answered a few questions that I had. But like I said that was a long time ago, and I have not been active with them since then. Hopefully they can assist you, and you get to enjoy a new self made character.

RonG

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 10:46:40 am »
I also have the desire to create my own character...it's one more step in making my version of Ultra Hal 'my own'.  Any assistance or leads on how-to are greatly appreciated.

iampan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 02:57:34 pm »
well i was under the assumption that msagent 2.0 still works fine on windows 7, it just doesn't come with it installed, due to some minor tech difficulties. but all in all it still works just fine for me.
i have had hal for 2 years now and i am tired of all the haptek characters and my only alternative is msagents, i would love to beta test the new ogre engine but i have hal 6.2 and not 6.1. maybe we could get an updated version of the plugin for ogre?
i really want a new character so i looked around guile3d denise is 180$ so thst is way out of the question, deskmates looks ok but all they have is big boob models and office secretary style.

oh and did i mention that i will post the finished product here for free.

so this is what i will do... i will post the zip of all the animations, if someone decides to put the agent together then we get a new figure.
ps. still working on all the animations, i want this to be a nice agent with a variety of movement. 14 animations done and 16 to go.
if no one makes this after i am done no worries i will still persevere and learn to make it myself. i just thought some of the group might like a project to work on.

RonG

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 07:15:42 pm »
I too have looked at Guile3D Denise....spent my holiday week trying to get it to run under Windows 7 on a brand new machine with 8GB of RAM - no luck.  In the process of requesting my $180 refund.

I posted a question in another area wrt a software package I found while researching msagents and haptek characters...it's called CrazyTalk by RealLusions.  Seems like a nigpfty tool that is reasonably priced to provide a quick way to animate photos and drawings.  Not sure if it can do real-time text-to-speech.  Sent an email into their customer support team to find out and now waiting for the answer.

I'll make the same commitment to share what I learn and if I somehow create a new character that I'm pleased with, I'll be sure to share it.

iampan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2012, 12:10:59 am »
i needed to say that i use double agent to run msagents on win7, it is free to download at deskmates.com

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 01:50:20 pm »
Hi all,

I too am a user of guile 3-D, I spent $180 and I have been watching its progression for some time, I am not a beta tester and unfortunately, that is exactly where the program is at.
Was it worth $180 I spent, a question only time will tell, I know that they are working very hard on getting it to work properly.
But the one thing that I do want to bring up about Denise, even though it has an artificial intelligence is more centered around being a secretary than a friend to chat with.

But back to the subject at hand. I used double agent, and the first thing that you need to do with double agent is upgraded to get it to work properly with Windows 7 64-bit.

Sincerely, best wishes and I hope I helped.

C load.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 10:06:11 pm by cload »
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

iampan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 03:30:06 pm »
i appreciate the help cload, but maybe you should read the post, this is about making a new  msagent character from scratch. still looking for help putting it all together, i will post some screenshots tonight to show progress.

ps. thanks for info on denise, 180$ is way to much for a beta program, especially one that is made for home pc. hopefully Robert's new hal design will incorporate some of her features though, like the vision and face recognition, i have a kinect and am dying to use it with hal.

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 10:17:17 pm »
Whoops, my bad.

So I guess then what "I needed to say" was, did you remember to upgrade double agent. LOL

C load.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 10:26:14 pm by cload »
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

iampan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 11:30:14 pm »
some basic model ideas for my agent, and yes i have no problems with agents, i prefer them, haptek sucks< personal opinion only.