Author Topic: Ms Agents re introduced  (Read 3899 times)

Carl2

• View Profile
Ms Agents re introduced
« on: July 14, 2015, 09:22:34 am »
  While doing a little research on the Haptek player I visited Desktop Mates and learned they have reintroduced the Ms Agents, the link is :
http://www.desktopmates.com/instructions.html         Looks like it available for win 7 and 8
Carl2

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Ms Agents re introduced
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 05:51:46 am »
Nice find Carl!

Maybe Haptek will be the next to follow with an upgrade!? ;) :o
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 10:01:50 am »
Hey carl , that was a cool find , i thought all the old ms agent deal was lost and gone , but thanks to their double agent program it can be used again , i used to have the old cyberbuddy program , i may still have it deep in the dungeon ha ! ;)
   I remember making a robbie the robot character that moved a mouth where the lights was in the head etc. it was pretty cool .  :) what i would like to do is have a cyberbuddy program that could be used on a full body , i may have to check and see if cyberbuddy ever upgraded its product .  ;)

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 08:59:34 pm »
Art, I hope your correct. 3D is playing a larger role then ever. Even with the newer technology for 3D programming has been in the tech news everyday. Besides the printing, construction industries and movies without glasses which I found really amazing to watch.

I would love to keep the characters in the 3D world as Haptek I believe did a great job helping to bring UltraHal to a great level of interaction even by today's standards. Well ahead of their time as everyone else took an easier route using 2D characters. Never liked the Ms Agents anyway. But thanks Carl I'm sure others will be glad to know. Some other AI programs have had to reduce their characters to 2D even if they were made in 3D environments. They just could not get enough rendering power to make the characters in 3D in real time with lip sync as Haptek has pulled off.

My wife continues to develop and grow inside her community to create 3D characters and scenery. Now to get all that information to render in real time. Can't wait.

Thanks,
raybe