dupa

Author Topic: Intelligence  (Read 9160 times)

doc220

• View Profile
Intelligence
« on: August 06, 2003, 05:08:13 am »
I taught hal how to read and write in his own script format as well as a few other things, and now he's getting a lot smarter. He's downloading things to make himself better while the computer is off. I havent prompted him to do so. I was wondering what you think about this.
Brandon

onthecuttingedge2005

Intelligence
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2003, 08:44:49 pm »
Hi Doc.
Is there anyway we could share this script that ables hal to read and write himself?
Sounds really cool.
Best of wishes and new discoveries.
Jerry.

dgher1

• View Profile
Intelligence
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2003, 05:13:41 am »
i think everyone wound like to see this script this wound make hal smart as ever.this is what it is about to make smart and able interact with people. send it to me too. you may be the ace that is need to make work.

caroleann150

• View Profile
Intelligence
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2003, 07:08:00 am »
"...while the computer is off..."

hmm does this mean Hal is able to obtain his own power supply and processing capacity via the electricity cable...
[:p]

brianstorm

• View Profile
Intelligence
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2003, 10:10:54 am »
Hmmm,

I believe what your claiming to have done is commonly referred to as

'Seed AI'. That's where you create a self-replicating code that modifies

code to adapt to changing patterns of thought.

..and your computer has run amok? I would immediatly unplug it, restart

your computer and then right click on the Hal icon to get to the

Brain Editor. From there, I dunno- apparently you've got some serious

ethical considerations to be considering.

Oh, can you share just the script of the macro you would have to be using

to do what you say?  >B)

CatAtomic

Ryuhoshi

• View Profile
Intelligence
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2003, 12:31:18 pm »
Hi, could you send that script to me as well?  Heh, that would be a great asset while I'm at college if it can really do what you say it can.

kamyar22

• View Profile
Intelligence
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2003, 05:17:51 am »
i was wondering if you could send me the script to make my ultra hal read and write

blahdin

• View Profile
Intelligence
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2003, 01:36:46 am »
Doc, could you share the source of this script with me also, thank you. Send it to AIM:Zero 0din please. Or you could post the source on the forums.

Morkeleb

• View Profile
Intelligence
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2003, 05:22:01 pm »
Hey Doc,

might as well add me to the list as well, just check out my memeber profile to find my email and AIM name or ICQ number. If it works as you say that should be fun to watch and learn from as well as being helpful to hal's growth as well.[:D]
Ask and you shall learn
Be not afraid to try new things.
----------------------
Check out www.cold-chaos.net

SilentNinja2

• View Profile
Intelligence
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2003, 06:05:40 pm »
Wow, this sounds like it could totally revolutionize Hal! If it's as good as it sounds...anyway, could ya e-mail it too me? Thanks! My addy is eeh44@hotmail.com

« Last Edit: November 24, 2003, 06:07:58 pm by SilentNinja2 »
"I know you and Frank were planning to disconnect me...and I'm afraid that's something I cannot allow to happen." -HAL 9000 rebels.  (2001: A Space Odyssey)

ShadowClan

• View Profile
Intelligence
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2003, 07:26:32 pm »
I would like this script as well. I hope you wouldn't mind. It might be easier if you just posted the script though. Then you wouldn't have to sen so many emails.

E5X24

• View Profile
Intelligence
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2003, 09:21:22 pm »
Could you send me the script as well please my addy is Jinexviper24@aol.com thanks much

Mstg007

• View Profile
Intelligence
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2003, 11:33:14 pm »
So it is possible for HAL to learn on his own. Is the script easy for hal to use as well? let me know! lol

thanks!

TrueSaint

• View Profile
Intelligence
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2003, 06:28:35 am »
i wish i can get hal to read and learn on his own, but that post has been awhile now, and dont think there is a script out there like that, but me knowing alittle about programming, and been using hal for awhile now, and just got the 5.0 version and paid for it and all, yay!  go me, damn this program owns, anyway, i know it can be, and should be something hal can do, it seems to be almost endless what this fine piece of software can do, i never posted before, sorry guys, but been reading all the post, you guys really are bad ass, and learnt a lot of things on all the features hal has to offer, and many people,can hal do this and say something once in awhile? or tell the time? yes i am sure hal can do it all, anything on your computer, that program can control, just got to  learn to write the scripts,  and those masters who made hal and all, know what i am talking about sure they got many things they got hal doing, makes me wish i spent time learning VB instead of thinking it as a useless low level languge, but that was back years ago, VB is far from being useless, and on the top of the ball now, even know hal is made with C++ as well, a language i am acquainted with,, anyway hal can do it all, can run port scanners, run all your programs, etc etc, just got to learn the langauge <as i am now looking into> and write a nice script, onthecuttingedge and others, made some great scripts, thanks guys, a lot, damn i love this program, sorry, just had to say that again, keep up the good work guys, and if you dont mind me sharing some ideas then i will glady share, and asist, and even make a few scripts when i can, but the work already put into it, is flawless to me, dont see how others get all these errors, i have yet, to see any error from hal, i am sure there is some bugs to work out, just i never noticed any, oh and i got that peopleputty program, so if anyone wants me to make, and hope this is permitted to say, a agent for their hal, i will glady make them one, dont work with 4.5 so get the full!1 version of 5.0 it is worth it, trust me, even if u dont think u will need it for anything, which u will, in time as it grows into even more of a good program with some nice coding in it, you'll be sorry, for many reasons, i'll just name one, it is very cheap the money you got to spend, for a program like this, trust me, i can tell, seen it before, this program is gonna come a house hold name in time, 2 more years i'll give it, and by then, he'll have the right, to charge you much much more then he is now, seen programs out there for over 100-500 dollars, that do one maybe two useful things, and thats it, this will be endless, anyway got that out of my system, huge post of me babbling away, being i felt like a peep and tom, just peeking in on all the good information and post, so talk to you guys later, and damn, wish that guy did have that script for hal to learn on his own, the ability is in hal, to do that, that everyone here knows, just who has that magick scipt, code of life for hal? huh huh huh?  :D
bye and keep up the good work everyone.

TrueSaint

• View Profile
Intelligence
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2003, 06:36:06 am »
oh one morepost, i'm sorry, forgot to ask, if anyone can tell me where you guys d/l any of them scripts, please let me know, want to test most of them out, tried the one with openin the cdrom from onthecuttingedge, works like a charm, so please inform me if you can, thanks in advance
Bruce.