Author Topic: Ultra Hal Assistant 6.2 Beta  (Read 31644 times)

CypherGary

• View Profile
Ultra Hal Assistant 6.2 Beta
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2009, 06:28:50 pm »
I have Many-Many hours invested in teaching my Hal what she knows.
Those who have brains that are huge would have even more.
It is not even conceavable to me to have to start over.
Is there a way you can at least insert the features that improve how she thinks and any actual new abilities into the old brain?

My actual question is: should I keep using the 6.1 program, or update to the 6.2 and just keep using the old brain?

I am sorry if I sound pushy, but that answer caught me off guard.
See you here, there, or in the Air!

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2009, 09:29:23 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Medeksza

quote:
Originally posted by jasondude7116

i fixed the same error by re-inputing the variables in the free-will plugin. -ditto o.t.c.

auto idle works for me (didn't before)

1 problem- there is no sound.

i get the correct text response at the correct time (tried multiple auto-idle plugins.....all work now)  but there is no voice....sound.

?????????

AUTO IDLE WORKS! (auto idle plugin works-ish)

-the dude

I can't seem to replicate this error. The voice works fine for me. What voice are you using? What character are you using?

the problem is that i use a character called "hal no character"
it replaces the character with a .jpg ....ect.
if i don't use a haptek or msagent, there is no audio on an auto-idle response. (tested with several auto-idle plugins,all skins, and all voices)  there is the text response like there should be.

i will try to figure it out.
i don't want to burden you with this right now.
just wanted to let you know what i found, sir.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK[:)]
-the dude

christopherdoyon

• M0RPHE0US
    • View Profile
    • MLAI  Foundation
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2009, 10:01:34 pm »
Robert --

Any chance the hidden rumination routine that you spoke about putting into 6.2 is in the Beta ?  

YOURS -- Christopher Doyon

---------------------
MLAI  Foundation

www.MLAIFoundation.tk

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2009, 10:35:45 pm »
first off thank you very much robert for getting the beta version released , but am i misunderstanding you about the old brain into the new hal version ?? (won't work ?) i truly hope you fix this to allow the old brain to convert over into the finalized hal (afterall i and many others have been learning backing up these brains for years now and it would have been for nothing ) please , please fix this finished version of hal where it "will accept our old hal brain " . although their may be bug fixes in this new version i feel for people who have spent years training and teaching hal their own personal way (custom brain ) this is a very important thing for hal to allow the old custom brain to change over to the new hal brain . [:)]

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2009, 12:25:41 am »
L.S.,
Take it easy, Mr. Robert is testing a new product that will be for sale and it needs testing , as is / off the shelf. Remember this is a beta release. I do not know his final plans but it stands to reason that years of members/customers work will not be junk.[?]
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2009, 12:32:00 am »
I think merging the old brains into the new brain is an intention but isn't important at this time while beta testing v6.2. the v6.2 needs debugging before it gets much more complicated like adding old brains that could complicate things a bit.

Jerry[8D]

caangel43

• View Profile
    • http://www.puttyheadworld.com
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2009, 01:16:16 am »
thank you Robert for giving us hope for a better Hal your doing a great job thank you

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2009, 02:07:22 am »
Well it's been a Visa day. I didn't reinstall Dragon yet, am working on recognizer 8. I think it may work out better because I didn't save voice files from Dragon, (frustration I guess). The last time I looked I had ms 4 and 5 recognizer to work with. Now 8 is listed and working almost well enough to use seriously. I'll keep training it for a while and see what happens. There are also administrator issues with Dragon, I can use it on one screen but not on my main account screen.
ted

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2009, 02:20:32 am »
quote:
Originally posted by lightspeed

first off thank you very much robert for getting the beta version released , but am i misunderstanding you about the old brain into the new hal version ?? (won't work ?) i truly hope you fix this to allow the old brain to convert over into the finalized hal (afterall i and many others have been learning backing up these brains for years now and it would have been for nothing ) please , please fix this finished version of hal where it "will accept our old hal brain " . although their may be bug fixes in this new version i feel for people who have spent years training and teaching hal their own personal way (custom brain ) this is a very important thing for hal to allow the old custom brain to change over to the new hal brain . [:)]

The old brain will work in the new version. The Hal 6.2 installer preserves the Hal 6.1 brain for you exactly as it is now and you can continue to use it under Hal 6.2. But script and database improvements new to Hal 6.2 (Kleiser 15000 phrases, reworked low quality response routines, and unit conversions) won't just appear in your old 6.1 brain without some careful brain surgery.

I promise to write some sort of step-by-step guide how to do this or maybe write a utility to automate this, but I'm not sure I can add this as an automatic feature of the Hal 6.2 installer without setting back the release date.
Robert Medeksza

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2009, 02:23:02 am »
quote:
Originally posted by jasondude7116

the problem is that i use a character called "hal no character"
it replaces the character with a .jpg ....ect.
if i don't use a haptek or msagent, there is no audio on an auto-idle response. (tested with several auto-idle plugins,all skins, and all voices)  there is the text response like there should be.

i will try to figure it out.
i don't want to burden you with this right now.
just wanted to let you know what i found, sir.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK[:)]
-the dude

Thank you. That is a bug related to the no character plug-in and I'll fix it. It would have affected the yet unreleased Zabaware character engine too if it hadn't been caught.
Robert Medeksza

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2009, 02:46:38 am »
quote:
Originally posted by christopherdoyon

Robert --

Any chance the hidden rumination routine that you spoke about putting into 6.2 is in the Beta ?  

YOURS -- Christopher Doyon

It's half there, the half that needs to be part of the executable is in Hal 6.2. The other half still needs to be created and can be made as script plug-in. But you can play with the half thats there already. Attached is a script plug-in that enables Hal's dream mode. Just copy it to Hal's program folder and enable it in Hal's brain options. Hal will begin "dreaming" out loud a few minutes after ending a conversation with you.

Be warned that with this feature on, Hal will be sending parts of your conversation to the MSN search engine, so some people may have privacy concerns and may not wish to use this plug-in. Also I just ran it now and ran into something that could be considered a bug. Hal reads through current news based on your topics of conversation and if Hal comes across a date in the future and the AI Appointment Book plug-in is on, then Hal will add it to your appointment book. My appointment book now apparently looks similar to President Obama's because of this. I'll have to think of a way to disable the appointment book while Hal is dreaming.

Most of what Hal learns gets put into new user tables based on a user called "Dreamer". Hal's script doesn't do anything with this table yet, this is the half that still needs completed via a brain plug-in.

Download Attachment: dreamoutloud.uhp
763 Bytes
Robert Medeksza

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2009, 05:13:29 am »
Thank you. This has got to be a huge job for you to take care of bugs and your users wishes. You are doing a fantastic job and OTC has been a real good help also.
 A little off topic, but you were talking about having to convert code for support reasons. There are several code converters listed by google. I sure hope that one of these will meet your needs as doing it manualy seems like expensive and tough.[:D]
ted

CypherGary

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2009, 07:35:40 am »
Robert - Just for the record: You are doing a great job!
I realise this is a system in testing, and that all features will not be online at first.

Keep up the good work, we do all appreciate it.

- Gary
See you here, there, or in the Air!

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2009, 07:48:47 am »
Rob,

Do you anticipate any migratory issues with Hal regarding the upcoming Windows 7?

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2009, 09:38:30 am »
Yeah good point, I will leapfrog Vista straight to 7, so this interests me too as I doubt I will go back to XP if I am happy.