dupa

Author Topic: Heather TTS voice  (Read 19706 times)

GrantNZ

• View Profile
Heather TTS voice
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2006, 08:22:42 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by NIGE

I hope that everyone from down here doesn't sound like that.

I've got Australian cousins who sound exactly like that [:D] I love 'em, really, but I just wish they could learn to pronounce my name correctly.... *shudder* *sigh*

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Heather TTS voice
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2006, 11:16:02 am »
I just received an email from Ken White at Nextup.com telling me
that they are going to be releasing several new voices.

The Heather voice is currently being reworked and could possibly be available in a month or so.

Good news...the price is expected to be around $35 USD!

Now THAT'S more like it!

[:D]
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
Heather TTS voice
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2006, 02:15:44 pm »
Cool, I think NextUp have got the right idea on the TTS market [:)]

geneven

• View Profile
Heather TTS voice
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2006, 03:48:06 pm »
NextUp is about to revamp Heather so that it CANNOT be used with other programs than its program, TextAloud, they say. That's enough to put me off Heather, because I use other readers.

It appears that Acapela are a bunch of lunatics, it seems to me. Heather is nice, but Crystal (AT&T) is decent, and Karen has a good reputation as well. There's more than one fish in the sea, dearie!

geneven

• View Profile
Heather TTS voice
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2006, 03:51:09 pm »
NextUp is about to revamp Heather so that it CANNOT be used with other programs than its program, TextAloud, they say. That's enough to put me off Heather, because I use other readers.

It appears that Acapela are a bunch of lunatics, it seems to me. Heather is nice, but Crystal (AT&T) is decent, and Karen has a good reputation as well. There's more than one fish in the sea, dearie!

(Your site is fun. First you tell me that I need to put in more information, though i'm sure i typed in my password to begin with, but now it's not in the password field. Then I immediately enter the password and you immediately respond with a message saying that you won't let me repost within 60 seconds because of flood control. Of course, you also blank out my password again. So now I will make my third try.)