Author Topic: HAL INTRODUCE PLUG IN  (Read 11875 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
HAL INTRODUCE PLUG IN
« on: January 07, 2012, 11:36:20 am »
    Hello all i was thinking at one time ( yes i tend to do that lol) and i thought it would be nice if someone was in the room or came in the room and you could say (example) "  Angela i want to introduce my friend Linda " and my hal character Linda would say back to her " Hello Linda , it's so nice to finally meet you!"
   Well now a plug in has been created like this , I did part of the code script laying it out and explaining what i wanted it to be able to do and Aaron (snowman) was able to do all the rest ( i couldn't have done it without his help!) he created a three file piece each file works with the other . These files all have to go into the ULTRAHAL 6 ASSISTANT PROGRAM FILE FOLDER .
    The three  uhp files are INTRODUCE LS6, Names , and the FUNCTIONS PLUS .
      The  INTRODUCE LS6 file as the abreviated LS (FOR LIGHTSPEED) and 6 means their is 6 random sayings that hal will say plus repeat the persons name back in one of the sentences .
   If a persons name happens not to be in the list hal will say some random "other " sentence but their won't be a name said back.
(Note : if any name isn't in the list and you want to put it in alphabetical order you can manually do it then save the file change. )

I am still testing this file ( So far it looks and works great!) "And Snowman" and I  may be making more changes that will be included so it isn't released yet but i am just giving this notice about it . Since i am Snowman both worked on it i placed his name inside the info. of the plug in . So soon people will be able to introduce hal to their friend and hal will respond to them .
(NOTE** I had someone ask me if hal actually recognizes the other person (this is a good question ) but the answer is no hal doesn't recognize the other person but gives just as with my fauxe vision "the illusion of " seeing and recognizing them !

When i release this plug in i will post it in my Skydrive "LIGHTSPEEDS SHARED FOLDER " with a link .

Any questions or thoughts on this upcoming plug in are welcome .  :)
BELOW is a picture of my screen where angela responded after i introduced her to Linda !

RonG

• View Profile
Re: HAL INTRODUCE PLUG IN
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 12:39:54 pm »
Can't wait to try it out! 

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 12:40:08 pm »
That is a great idea/plug-in, I can't wait to be able to program it into Trinity.
it goes way beyond the greeting plug-in that she currently uses.

Any questions or thoughts on this upcoming plug in are welcome .  :)
1) does Hal retain the quote inside of its database ( "(Hals name) i want to introduce my friend (persons name) ")
2) lol just thought of this while typing, a second trigger sentence could be a nice feature.

example (second trigger sentance) : great for when our daughters bring home a new boyfriend  ;)
user: "(Hals name) i want to introduce (persons name) "
Hal: "shall I demobilize (persons name) for you"
or
Hal: "the police have been notified of (persons name)'s arrival"

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 02:09:17 pm »
Hi Sybershot as far as i know ( am still testing it ) it does not leave that quote in the hal data base , i didn't want it to , as it would lead to a strange backwards hal communication if hal said back "you want to introduce me to so and so ." (it wouldn't make much sense) . Their was a second trigger script line that Aaron actually did on his own that if the name wasn't in the list that hal would say that other random set of line (which i really liked that idea) but , i asked Aaron if i could change it and personalize it more and so i did , so now instead of what their was before hal will say sentences instead of one word  .
 It will still be about being happy to meet a person but just won't have their name inserted (because if their name was not found in the name file list) .
  :)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 02:11:10 pm by lightspeed »

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 10:08:27 pm »

Hi Sybershot as far as i know ( am still testing it ) it does not leave that quote in the hal data base , i didn't want it to , as it would lead to a strange backwards hal communication if hal said back "you want to introduce me to so and so ."
Thanks Lightspeed,  great to here :) for that was my only concern. Sometimes I get please introduce yourself from Trinity.
  I think it was caused by the "greeting plug-in" not triggering a couple of times when it was first installed. I know the greeting plug-in does not retain the quote, it just does not always work at first install. sometimes after a fresh install I have to restart Hal and ask it to introduce it' self a few times before it starts to work every time.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 10:54:52 am »
hi sybershot, that sounds correct what you said "if : any plug in such as this is said in the wrong way for instance instead of saying "i want to introduce you to linda or whatever  " and you say something like i want you to meet Linda of course it will be just learned as usual as hal would learn which would actually translate to hal saying sometime out of the blue " YOU WANT ME TO MEET LINDA" which probably in many cases not sound right .
   I am still testing this i let another person help test it to but they said they had problems with it ,So i am testing again by myself and Aaron if he is still testing it to (having time)  "BUT " i have been testing it for a day longer then them and i have not had one problem with it , i will keep testing it further and if i still have no problems i will release it through my Skydrive account , i really like it and Aaron went another step further on it before that last revised plug in we are at a version 4 now .

« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 12:32:48 pm by lightspeed »

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: HAL INTRODUCE PLUG IN IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD!
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2012, 01:27:58 pm »
Okay here it is The INTRODUCE plug in available for download !  i have tested this Introduce plug in and so far it has not given me any problems what so ever , another person tried it and said they had problems , i continued testing it and have seen no problems at all, i believe sometimes it can be many things that contribute to things not working such as os systems, or other plug in conflicts (which does happen ) . i am running a windlows 7 , 64 bit pc  .
    Their is a Lightspeeds introduction plug in information txt file included in the lightspeed introduction folder . The folder has three other files and instructions file . I always tell anyone when using a new plug in to always back important things up first including any brain db and uhp files etc. in hal.  I alway's back up my custom brain first and other things when i create or test any plug in files.

My free SHARED LIGHTSPEED HAPSWAP FILES  are  located at :
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=74d17eee684feabf&sa=118913363
  After you get using it and used to it "PLEASE " let me know how you like it Me and Aaron both worked on this plug in and i really think it ads to hals new ability now!  My wife liked it when i showed her how i could introduce hal to her!:)

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 10:42:17 am »
Has anyone tried this new plug in yet ?? if so please let me know how you like it and how it's working for you, thanks ! :)

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, 07:58:53 pm »
My pc caught a lil virus yesterday, that made any opened screen shake. I caught it from youtube while looking at fan art videos. I got rid of the virus and will try this out after I finish up a project that I'm been working on. I'm trying to get some projects out of the way so I can start working on a E-Book. the project I'm working on now should be done by tomorrow morning(it is going to be a long night :) ), I will post tomorrow or Sunday to let you know how how your plug-in works. Thanks for sharing I can't wait to try this one out  ;D

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2012, 07:28:24 pm »
I tried this on my test brain
I made no alterations, just placed all 3 .uhp files into hals main folder
System, windows 7 home premium 64 bit

User: Trinity, I want to introduce my friend Patricia.
Hal:
HalScript Error 424 on line 4476 in column 0; Object required:
'SearchArray'

the file "C:Program File (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant
6\HalScriptDBG" has been saved with the current script being used for
debugging purposes.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2012, 04:13:48 pm »
sybershot, this may seem like a dumb question but in the hal panel did you check the introduce plug in "and " the " functionsplusv2 plug in ? they both have to be checked .
If not check them both and retry it , if you have them both already checked and are having this problem i'll look further into it!

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2012, 04:16:48 am »
Doughhhh!!!!!!
Thanks lightspeed, once I activated the functionsplusv2 plug in it worked great  ;D
This is indeed a great plug-in, Thanks for sharing it.
and thanks to all that helped make it possible for my Trinity to greet my family and friends :)

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2012, 06:52:50 am »
GREAT ! Sybershot , keep using it and trying it out , oh and by the way MR.DOAH!!" LOL I DO HOPE YOU BACKED UP IMPORTANT STUFF FIRST !  ;) as i said keep trying it someone else that tested it said after about a day it stopped working , so keep testing it , but i am glad it works .
Although i may be biased i really like the plug in to , it was just something that i thought would really enhance hal more!
 I am still currently working on my personal medical advisor plug in which should be pretty interesting that when the user says a symptom that hal will pick 5 random sentences of actual medical terms and things to do for it . Aaron is helping me on it correcting some mistakes i have made , pointing them out in the code script . i was getting errors but now no eerors but plug in isn't doing what it should , still working on it .
It will take a while though because it will be a large file and extensive work !
Anyway glad the plug in is working for you and i'm glad you downloaded it and tried it, i hope others do to ! :)

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2012, 05:33:43 pm »
keep using it and trying it out , oh and by the way MR.DOAH!!" LOL I DO HOPE YOU BACKED UP IMPORTANT STUFF FIRST !  ;)
I been testing it and so far still no errors, all is working great so far :)
Note: I back up daily and keep the last 10 back ups :D

CyborgBob

• Any idea what I should put here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2013, 12:20:07 pm »
This seems like a great plug in and I would love to use it, but I can't seem to find it in the Sky Drive. I was hoping you could give me the name of it if I am over looking it somehow.
“Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Nikola Tesla
“A Machine to End War” (Liberty, February, 1935)