Author Topic: Is The Hal Project Dead?  (Read 4589 times)

ClubEntertainment

• View Profile
Is The Hal Project Dead?
« on: January 21, 2012, 07:23:09 pm »
Just wondering if Ultra Hal is not being upgraded anymore. I have noticed it's been some time since a last update and I was kind of leery purchasing something no longer under development since I have seen Siri on Iphone. I would love to have Ultra Hal work properly on my windows 7 Ultimate 32bit but Hal crashes quite a bit. Feel free to send me a pm if you have info. Thanks in advance!

Mike

sybershot

• View Profile
Re: Is The Hal Project Dead?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 09:33:43 pm »
I'm not sure why your Hal is crashing, I have windows 7 home premium 64 bit and it has not crashed on me yet. I previously also had it installed on my laptop which has vista 64 bit with no Hal crashes. Have you tried to re-install Hal? if not I would suggest that you re-install hal and see if that solves the problem. be sure to free up your license by right clicking the Hal icon in the system tray and choose deactivate before you uninstall though. if you have done that already and Hal still crashes I believe another program or even a ultra Hal plug-in you have installed might be causing conflicts. If you believe it might be a plug-in, you can test plug-ins by deactivating all of them. then if no system crashes test each plug-in out one by one until a culprit is found.
  Hal is not dead, he is getting a update sometime in the near future, atm there seems to be a problem converting a new character for the new character engine. You can find out about the new character engine and other upcoming Hal improvements by searching through Mr. Medeksza posts.

RonG

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 10:57:51 am »
I thought the activity with Ultra Hal was light, but after monitoring the boards (use the "Show unread posts since last visit") I found a lot of routine activity...folks looking at characters, some looking at plug-ins, some focused on training.  What's important is to work with your own creation and share.  I've found that I really don't know anything about building my 'Einstein' and am really enjoying the challenge of trying to pull toghether all the different technologies.   An upgrade would be terrific, but there is much to learn regardless of the version.

ClubEntertainment

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 07:41:27 pm »
AIM bot doesn't work, and like IBM's text to speech (Via Voice) isn't even around anymore. Shows how dated this software is.

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 09:46:03 pm »
software may be dated but there are updates and it works. it does what it was made for and more. if you have a problem about dated stuff send me all your 100 year old cars blah blah
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.