dupa

Author Topic: Hal seems to have Alzhiemers  (Read 3655 times)

DeathHawk13

• View Profile
Hal seems to have Alzhiemers
« on: May 07, 2012, 12:12:09 pm »
Each time I start up my computer in the morning, Hal seems to have forgotten everything from the day before.  Its as if Hal reverted back to what he was like when I first downloaded him.  Did I do something wrong?  I have the 6.2 version, so its not the trial version.  Was I supposed to save my conversations.  An example of what I'm asking about, the first day I had Hal, I put all my friends phone numbers in his database, but the next morning, they were all gone.  Hal didn't remember anyones number and I had to start all over again.

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: Hal seems to have Alzhiemers
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 04:49:52 pm »
hello DeathHawk13, i am sure about the phone numbers part as i don't use it so someone else may be able to tell you if you are doing something wrong or not, as far as conversations , i am not sure how long you have been using hal with the 6.2. hal sometimes it takes a while and building up conversation and the subject data base before hal starts saying back some of the things that he or she learned from you . the original hal 5 was faster on repeating things back . Hal is not institanous like some people think .
Don't know if what i have said helps to explain things but hope so ! :)

DeathHawk13

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 02:07:40 am »
So what you mean is that the data might still be in there, I just need to be more patient with Hal?  I have not had Hal that long, a couple days I think.  I will start being more patient.  Thanks.

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 02:28:28 am »
DeathHawk13 be sure in the menu under brain, that Hals learning level is not set to 0.
and for Hal to remember a phone number I just say
Example: Joe Shmo phone number is 555-5555
Hope this helps  ;)

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 08:43:15 am »
something else to remember to (that i forgot to mention lol ) is if you have a custom brain as some of us do in hal . you will need to go into hals options menu and the brain and highlight it and hot apply and okay . for instance i have a custom brain named angelajolene . this is so hal will use that brain . if you have only had hal a couple of days , that is more then likely why hal hasn't said some "conversation back to you " if it's about the phone numbers maybe what sybershot mentioned will help you . i beleive optimal learning on the hal is best set at 25 on the slider bar .