Author Topic: can someone create a "NEW" news plug in for Hal users ???  (Read 20070 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: can someone create a "NEW" news plug in for Hal users ???
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2012, 07:18:41 pm »
Crap i see on Guile 3d studio their character is already capable of reading rss news feeds !! Maybe i or someone will get this figured out so our Hal a.i. characters  can do the same ! :P aparently they also have face recognition to . :-*

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2012, 07:57:35 pm »
yes...for at least a couple years or so, but this is a Zabaware forum so we have to try to get Hal to become even better!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2012, 08:22:24 am »
i am trying and still working on an rss feed plug in that will work , i saw an old weather plug in i "think" it can be based on but so far am getting errors with it .

a person would have to be subscribed to an rss feed (i think ) instead of just having the rss feed line and numbers . and the program would open the program and read it off . Art , i also sent you another free program link called fm reader that is suppose to open a web page and read off things like a web cast. but it's based on xp , but thought maybe it could also be made to work the same way (i don't know ) .

RonG

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2012, 09:55:25 pm »
Crap i see on Guile 3d studio their character is already capable of reading rss news feeds !! Maybe i or someone will get this figured out so our Hal a.i. characters  can do the same ! :P aparently they also have face recognition to . :-*

I use both Hal and Guile3d...why?  Just because I'm trying to get them to do all the things we talk about (and spend most of my time in frustration)!  The RSS feed on Guile3d is a simple reader that as a new topic comes in, it creates a pop up and then reads it through TTS.  The facial recognition has hooks into a webcam connected or part of your computer but the recognition part is not implemented.

I like UltraHal becuase we can develop plug-ins and edit the brain.  I like Guile3d's Denise because of the avatars.  Now Guile3d's program can be used as the front end of a Pandorabot...hmmm....could it be used as the front end for my UltraHal?!?!?!?!

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2012, 10:30:21 am »
i have changed the script and am getting an error EXPECTED "THEN" :P

If Search fox news rss = "" Then Search fox news rss = HalBrain.SearchPattern(OriginalSentence, "*GO TO*FOX*NEWS", 3)
If Search fox news rss <> "" Then fox news rss Search = "http://www.foxnews.com/xmlfeed/rss/0,4313,81,00.rss"
   HalMenu.HalCommand "<RUNPROG>" & fox news rss Search & "</RUNPROG>"
             GetResponse = "Starting fox news rss."
                 HalBrain.ReadOnlyMode = True
End If

i did this in jasons advanced internet where the bbc one was

Guess i will keep working on it unless someone else knows in the script if i have something wrong with an expected then .

Jason dude if you are around , you at one time apparently had bbc live stream working in this , can you help to get this fox news rss feed working . i have it through google am trying to have it work through hal and hal reads the news . am trying to have world news by asking , or weather , etc. through fox news rss feeds .
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 10:38:48 am by lightspeed »

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2012, 01:11:19 pm »
Hi lightspeed,

why are you having the expected than error:

If Search fox news rss <> "" Then fox news rss Search = "http://www.foxnews.com/xmlfeed/rss/0,4313,81,00.rss"
End If

Just looking at it I believe that this might help you, change the lines above to the lines below:

If Search fox news rss <> "" Then
   fox news rss Search = "http://www.foxnews.com/xmlfeed/rss/0,4313,81,00.rss"
End If

if you're going to have more than one variable condition after the then statement you cannot put anything on the same line with the then statement.

Sincerely, I hope I helped.

C load.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2012, 03:42:51 pm »
Cload can you send me a e mail at airvair62@yahoo.com , thanks .
just put cload from zabaware on the header , thanks.  :)