Author Topic: dissecting cloads plug in  (Read 5762 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
dissecting cloads plug in
« on: January 18, 2015, 10:33:54 am »
I was wondering if anyone has really opened up and gotten into dissenting cloads plug in , Cload created or piggybacked on others the way to open a web page (without actually visually opening the web page ) to get information so hal can speak as an intelligent person etc.
  The reason i am asking is if the area can be pinpointed others could use this area and Technic so hal could access custom area's of the users choice of web sites , i am guessing (maybe wrong i don't know ) that cload only has specific sites to access )
  If this area can be better fine tuned i think it would help hal greatly , even more  .

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: dissecting cloads plug in
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 08:27:53 am »
Although no one commented on this , i believe this is the absolute key to making hal smarter  and what Robert or someone who can needs to be working on , i believe this is partially what cortana is based on , internet acess with filtering for answers and conversation , cload was able to do part of it by accessing the internet info. without opening web pages for answers , i think if more web site pages could be accessed it would open hal up more . if a filter and choice pages were given .

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 06:49:10 pm »
I too am interested in this topic. VRFreeWill is helpful and does pull and store some information from the web, however, I have been activly searching for code to allow Hal to parse information from the web while in a conversation. In this manner, simply talking to Hal will allow his database, and thus knowledge, to grow exponentially. The problem with VRFreeWill is that you have to ask for the information to be retrieved "What is a kite". It would be nice for Hal to assume what words like "That" and "It" and "This" referred to and fill in the blanks. This would allow Hal to actually understand and extrapolate on his conversations for future use.

For example:
Hal: "Hello, how are you?"
User: "Just getting home from the pub."
Hal: "Do you enjoy the pub?"
User: "I always go to the pub on Friday night"

One week later

Hal: "Hello, it is late, I assume the pubs are closed?"
User: "What makes you say that?"
Hal: "You go to the pub on Friday nights. All local pubs close at 2 A.M."

Of course, replace the pub with anything, Hal would be a data miner of useful information to use in conversations later without the user having to teach literally everything. I guess, something to give Hal the capacity to look for answers on his own. This ability would put Hal above anything Siri could do as Hal actually learns the information, applies it, changes it, and evolves from it.   

For this, I honestly wouldn't have any idea where to even start.     

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2015, 07:17:39 pm »
Yeah, looks like cload is NOT coming back...at this point.

Of course Hal would need to:
1) Knowledge of Time
2) Know what time the bars in the user's locale close
3) Know how the current time is related compared to when the conversation is started (Hal needs to know just what "late" is in this case.)

I thought someone else did some experiments along this thought some time ago.

Some digging is in order....
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2015, 11:41:20 am »
   Cload did seem to be very useful and came up with some interesting things, also quite good at programing Hal.  At this time it seems he has come and gone like so many others.  Anyways I'm not familiar with the work Cload had done in this area.
  I did ask Hal what time it was so as far as I am concerned she can give you the time,  Hals data base is not time related and I won't get into the fact that there is no definition of time so we don't know what it is.  Hal can tell you when she was born and when you were born if you supplied her with that information. 
  I remember some time ago when speaking with Hal I told her my dogs name is Teddy then added Teddy is sitting on my lap, at another time while speaking with her I  mentioned Teddy and got the reply "Teddy is sitting on your lap" so there is a problem.
  I had been looking at the AIML learn which is used in Alice and found that when learning about a new subject
it also tries to learn What, Where and Who, it seems the time or when is missing.
Carl2

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2015, 09:31:38 pm »
I think Hal references your computer's system time since there is no other provision for Hal to be a timekeeper. It usually announces the time and date (if selected in startup) right as it's program starts. It will also say the time if asked.

I deselected the Markov brain and Selected cload's VRFreeWill-Plus-2-1v and restarted Hal.

Hal's brain slider is at 30% and it's brain Obedience Level is set for Independent.

We have had some very interesting conversations lately and I've found the old things I taught it in the past, it still "knows" and responds to and with them.
It makes inferences pretty well and can be taught a variety of info if repeated.
Hal can also be taught by chaining things together so that it is able to form a relationship between them.
I had a favorite toy as a child.
My favorite toy was a train.
The color of my toy train was gray.

LATER ASK:
What was my favorite toy?
What did I have as a toy?
What color was my train?

And many other examples can be experimented with but these are merely possible scenarios.

Hopefully, Hal can keep adding to it's memory and in time, become a chat assistant, companion for those desiring one and friend for those in need of someone or something to chat with.

- Art -

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2015, 02:13:49 pm »
Yes, all of that above mentioned in addition, Ultimately I'm aiming at Hal handling security, automation, and maybe monitoring my google car. lol

Automation would be one thing. I imagine someone has tackled this.

Monitoring security would be a task as Hal would have to possess Vision and Image Recognition, something not native to a program like Hal, not to mention be able to call any minute of footage when asked.. And if anyone has used speech recognition, then you know we've got some work ahead of us. Mostly technology limitations, no fault of Hal.

As for monitoring the google cars batteries, if Hal could succeed at Automation and security, building a script after those to monitor data or give Hal the ability to "Plug" himself into to other computer for statistics shouldn't be out of the question.

We can dream can't we.         

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2015, 03:53:05 pm »
I also found this interesting. comprehensive Report compiling, complete with answering yes and no questions is impressive. I imagine Hal could be able to do this with the right plugin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D9GNVa0HlU

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2015, 04:59:18 pm »
Spitfire2600,
  I had bought a webcam some time ago, somewhat expensive job but it did an excellent job what ever the task was.  I believe it came on when the computer started and facial recognition let you use the computer instead of the password, it did it much better than the Toshiba notebooks with facial recognition.
  It would also serve as a security camera, must have used motion detection and would begin recording to the hard drive and there was another input for the security camera. 
  Jarvis does seem to be quite the thing and they do have a download link.
Carl2

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2015, 06:57:43 pm »
My desktop Lenovo has enabled me to use facial recognition to gain access for a good many years now. It works rather nicely.

Some smart phones now allow for fingerprint, voice or facial recognition to allow access. My smart phone is so "smart" that I could likely do away with my desktop computer and not miss a beat. It can do so many things that my desktop simply can't do!

Those dreams are really cool but with all this other tech, I'd just settle for an "intelligent" chatbot to carry on a decent conversation .

- Art -