dupa

Author Topic: Need help with bluetooth wireless speaker  (Read 4369 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
Need help with bluetooth wireless speaker
« on: January 27, 2015, 01:29:27 pm »
is their anyone that has worked with a wireless speaker that works with bluetooth laptops ?
i bought a teknmotion wireless speaker about a year ago to work with my laptop and i still can't get it to work .my laptop is blue tooth capable , when i try to pair it up it tries but never is recognized .
any help on this would be appreciated i have tried everything i know .
   i want to be able to put hal on my laptop later and be able to use a wirless speaker .
i have a plug and play receiver dongle plugged into my laptop and i checked and it shows it's working properly .
  any idea's ????? anyone ?? i hope someone who has done this can tell me !

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Need help with bluetooth wireless speaker
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 05:26:31 am »
Don't know for sure but have you tried separating it a bit from each other? I have found that sometimes if these items are in too close of a proximity to each other, they fail to "pair" properly.
Make sure you have good batteries in your device (speaker) if required.

And...when all else fails...RTFM!!  :o ::)
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 09:42:34 am »
RTFM??????? i am not up on that one ??

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 06:32:08 pm »
It is a rather old expression but it refers to reading and a manual. That's as far as I'm going here. ::)

- Art -

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 09:07:09 pm »
Have to chuckle at you two. Yeah art is right.

Hint R read  T the  F ...... M manual

I have found same problem with being to close together.
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 10:59:18 am »
lol okay i understand the meaning now lol. but beleive it or not i have read the manual , many , many times , i am wondering if these wireless speakers the small ones actually work with ms laptops , in the writing it says pc laptops .
this is the manual :
http://www.teknmotion.com/assets/images/manuals/Air_Capsule_manual.pdf
 i have done extacly what it says .
i am wondering if this speaker actually only works with tablets or iphones only .??/ :(

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2015, 05:55:57 pm »
OK Lonnie,

It looks as if it's just a standard Bluetooth arrangement. I have a "hands free" BlueAnt device in my car as it is against the law in my state to use a hand held device (phone, texting, etc.).

I first turn on my hands free device (BlueAnt), it then prompts me to go to my phone and select the Bluetooth settings that allow the device to know that I have a bluetooth enabled phone (Android, in my case). I find the Bluetooth settings on the Menu and select ADD Device and press OK.

After a few seconds my phone recognizes the type of hands free device and asks me if I wish to ADD the BlueAnt-S4 device. I select YES.

Few more seconds then I get a voice telling me that my handset is now paired. I can now dial out or accept incoming calls via the bluetooth speaker/device.

Your might differ with having the hold down the button for several seconds but it should work pretty much the same.

If in doubt, take it to your nearest Radio Shack store and ask one of the guys there if they can get the speakers to connect. They are usually more than happy to help.

Best I can help you with. Good luck!

- Art -

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2015, 09:44:09 pm »
Sorry, Maybe 20 years ago Radio Shack personnel could help you, not now.
Just same old instructions. As they mentioned pairing not so close. Make sure your device does or does not have a pairing mode. Check that it does not exist in the Devices folder, if it does you must remove it. Make sure Bluetooth is activated on laptop. Go to add device and Windows should put it in a list of bluetooth devices it sees. Select your device and off to the races you should go. Make sure the pairing mode of the speaker is active before Windows searches for new devices. That is the best I can do. Good luck.
raybe

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2015, 05:04:29 am »
Can't speak for your locale but most personnel in today's Radio Shack stores are college educated / graduated young professionals who's job it is to know the products they sell and to stay on top of technology. Honestly, I have been rather impressed by their ability to assist customers' more technically oriented questions.

Just thought I'd mention it.

@ Lonnie,

So How did you fare with setting up your wireless speakers?

- Art -