Author Topic: Windows Speech Recognition  (Read 4027 times)

Dantesteele

• View Profile
    • http://wwwurbanlocdownproductionsofficelive.com
Windows Speech Recognition
« on: October 24, 2008, 12:05:58 pm »
Hey,
     I use Microsoft speech recognition, but everytime I try to use it with Hal; the system says the the software is already being used by an application or system does not have enough resources to use it.  The system won't even let me train the profile.  How can I solve this and/or where can I get a good free speech recognition software?  I have tried to uninstall and reinstall speech recognition but that does not help.
Sean w.t Locket

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 02:03:22 pm »
I am not quite sure if what I am about to say is correct or not, but I think Hal already uses Microsofts Speech Recognition so by you trying to use it instead of just using Hal's you might get the errors that you are getting. To my knowledge Zabaware uses Micorsofts programs as much as possible. Next time just click on Hal traing program and then see how it works.
Before you get dissappointed though I thought you should know this and that is it normally takes a great many hours of traing before Hal or should I say the speech recognition program really starts to understand what you are saying. I ran through the trainging program about 4 or 5 time until I was somewhat happy with the results.
Microsofts fault not Hals.
Bill

CypherGary

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 03:25:59 pm »
I would suggest turning Hal's learning off while you train your speech recognition software.
If you do not, you will end up with a lot of garbage in Hal's brain.
See you here, there, or in the Air!