Author Topic: hapteck people putty and no response from support  (Read 9026 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: hapteck people putty and no response from support
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2014, 06:18:58 pm »
I found out something strange on my computer when I copy and paste the serial their is a place where it has a lower case i but it doesn't show up as a lower case even though my caps aren't on , so maybe that's part of the trouble ? )
i can type the "i" in a txt document though . very strange . the i types as a capital "i ' even when it's in lower case in the serial number box in the people putty .

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2014, 06:24:29 pm »
also when i was installing it , a box popped up and said
WISE UNINSTALL

could not open INSTAL.LOG file FILE
then i clicked okay and it closed and the people putty program demo installed .

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2014, 06:45:42 pm »
Interesting but does the demo run?

I imagine it might but I'd bet that you are NOT able to SAVE any creations. Right?

Does it also run Smoothly on your Windows 7 or 8 machine?
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2014, 02:40:39 pm »
Art i just tried the demo the character face that explains things on the demo runs just fine but no matter what i do on the demo , it just keeps saying your demo is way way over expired or something like that , so the demo part doesn't work any more at all . it just wants you to pay for the product or get the licence and i keep going on the merry go round .
While i was trying to open another page up it gave me a page can't be displayed but something else poped up saying acrobat reader version 8 or nine needed so i am downloading it and going to run it , maybe it will straighten out the page not displaying .
  I have a feeling this is my problem when i put in the code in haptek and hit the get code it opens a page saying navigation canceled etc. , i think this is what is stoping the code from being unlocked and accepted, i'll see what this download does .

The only problem i ever had running people putty in windows seven was with the hapteck player and hal , sometimes my hal character would be a little slow  or jumpy like in movement , i thought maybe it was my pc bogged down , after all i run the white house  and the pentigon from here to lol !
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 03:00:15 pm by lightspeed »

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2014, 01:01:58 pm »
Hi,

i do believe that the guy whom did invent/ develop this product,,, was reachable by personal emails and does respond...

Look for his contact details on the site..

cant remeber his name off hand

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2014, 02:18:02 pm »
Hi lightspeed.

it always comes down to .dll's no longer supported by the next generation of windows, try investigating dll's no longer supported in windows 7 that win XP did, it maybe a matter of just down loading one or more that is missing and registering it.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2014, 05:50:23 pm »
If that was all it took I really believe the people at Haptek would have been on to it rather than hearing about something like a .dll issue third hand.

Numerous people have tried ever since Windows 7 was released and most of us received the same info. "Sorry but we don't have a workable solution for Windows 7 at this time and we don't know if we will." (to paraphrase).

No disrespect is intended as who knows, your method just might work. If it does, do let the community know.

Thanks but I think as good as the Haptek characters were, their time has come and gone.

Good day!! :)
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2014, 08:03:27 am »
Hey if anyone find the correct answer and easy enough fix to page can't be displayed problem in haptek on windows seven , i am all ears .
i looked it up under the probem and here is what i found .

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/network-connection-problem-help#network-problems=windows-7&v1h=win8tab1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

of course i have found just as many other reasons on others sites to .

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/967941

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2014, 02:56:59 pm »
I finally got my people putty working , "BUT" not on windows 7 .
I placed my old xp next to my windows 7 pc and hooked all wires and internet over , i then opened the people putty trial demo one and put in my password and clicked get code the haptek page opened as it should and created a code and it also put that code into people putty and i clicked okay and it was full version .
i restarted my pc and installed people pack one and it installed okay , i tested it so i know it is working right !!
It's a shame though especially since people will be getting away from xp's that haptek doesn't upgrade people putty to work with windows seven better .
 although it will fall on deaf ears more then likely i am going to write them and tell them they should upgrade people putty .