Author Topic: Quantum Mechanics and Aritificial intelligence  (Read 69705 times)

ricky

• View Profile
Re: Quantum Mechanics and Aritificial intelligence
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2014, 06:29:56 pm »
i should also add,  that i ran with this idea to try to understand more -  this is something i've been pondering recently that feels more like a riddle ...a math puzzle

1st dimension,  consciousness simply exists -  there is no space for data to discover. all imagination,  no empirical data to justify it. 

2nd dimension,  consciousness exists with a process because now there is space for data - awareness,  you discover up and down, left and right.. an awareness of information.

3rd dimension,  consciousness exists with a feeling because now there is space for emotions  - emotion,  you step back (z-axis ) with awareness and form an opinion of what you learned from the x, y axis..

4th dimension,  consciousness exists with ______ because now there is space for _______  , you are now able to _____ with an awareness of emotion and ________ with what you have experienced.

this idea has been haunting me for a while now lol. 

it's in response to attempting to conceive existing in a 4th dimension - where I can observe all 3rd dimension in one perception. Just like I can look at an entire piece of paper written in 2 dimensions, from the 3rd dimension.

it would seem to me that if science claims there are 10 dimensions,  a consciousness must be equipped to observe it for it to be true, otherwise it is irrelevant to reality.  it's like saying, what's on the other side of time,  does such a place even exist to conceive it ?  the answer to that is nothing,  but there is no such thing as nothing - i'll stop there because i'll only go on and on about the yin yang philosophy.  so much has been written about the value of nothing and it's a topic all it's own. it's the old what makes a cup useful concept.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 07:00:05 pm by ricky »
"i crack iself up" - Virgil

tiger8u2

• Eat'em and Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2014, 08:00:34 pm »
When you put those extra emotive descriptors in the sentence like that does it actually generate a haptek animation or are they only there to be repeated like any other sentence that is taught?

Is there a way to elicit any specific haptek animations based upon words alone?

Hi tiger.

Yes, I did this a long time ago programming emotions and facial responses to those emotions.
you can get it here.

you can back this file up and use another copy to do some extra programming in it if you wish.

Jerry 8)

You are the MAN!  I can't wait to look at it and try and figure out how you did it.  I downloaded the brain programming guide and I plan to peruse it at my leisure. 

The last thing I want to attempt to do is reinvent the wheel here.

You HEROS have been coming up with great stuff for years and like a fresh Hal brain I just wanna soak it up some.

BTW, since we are all waiting for an update to Hal that may change the way some things are done, did I miss the place on the website that talks about a projected update timeline?

tiger8u2

• Eat'em and Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2014, 08:02:18 pm »
i should also add,  that i ran with this idea to try to understand more -  this is something i've been pondering recently that feels more like a riddle ...a math puzzle

1st dimension,  consciousness simply exists -  there is no space for data to discover. all imagination,  no empirical data to justify it. 

2nd dimension,  consciousness exists with a process because now there is space for data - awareness,  you discover up and down, left and right.. an awareness of information.

3rd dimension,  consciousness exists with a feeling because now there is space for emotions  - emotion,  you step back (z-axis ) with awareness and form an opinion of what you learned from the x, y axis..

4th dimension,  consciousness exists with ______ because now there is space for _______  , you are now able to _____ with an awareness of emotion and ________ with what you have experienced.

it's in response to attempting to conceive existing in a 4th dimension - where I can observe all 3rd dimension in one perception. Just like I can look at an entire piece of paper written in 2 dimensions, from the 3rd dimension.

it would seem to me that if science claims there are 10 dimensions,  a consciousness must be equipped to observe it for it to be true, otherwise it is irrelevant to reality.  it's like saying, what's on the other side of time,  does such a place even exist to conceive it ?  the answer to that is nothing,  but there is no such thing as nothing - i'll stop there because i'll only go on and on about the yin yang philosophy.  so much has been written about the value of nothing and it's a topic all it's own. it's the old what makes a cup useful concept.

I thought that in the flat land there is no UP?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyuNrm4VK2w

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2014, 08:45:17 pm »

I thought that in the flat land there is no UP?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyuNrm4VK2w

Hi Tiger.

I think relativistically speaking there is only inwards and outwards and or sideways so you are right about no up.......

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2014, 08:47:09 pm »
lol  -  point taken -  the logic flow is still the same though.   -  i suppose you could make conscious 0 dimension,  then awareness first dimension.   what trigged the idea was a video that i saw that was explaining the different dimensions

what got my imagination going with this idea was this type of video - http://youtu.be/BWyTxCsIXE4

it explained how a 2dimensional would perceive a 3dimensional. -  so i've been trying to take that vision up a dimension. it's a trip to imagine,  plus with all the 3D i've been doing lately - get's the imagination going.

it's one idea that seems to not conflict with how the others try to explain it -  like carl sagan -  http://youtu.be/UnURElCzGc0

when I see images of how people try to visualize the 4th dimension,  i try to imagine what it's like to be in that dimension looking at 3D.  The only thing I've come up with so far is the awareness factor a sentient ai being would be on the internet.  Trying to make a visual on that idea is a creative trip.   

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2014, 08:59:04 pm »
lol  -  point taken -  the logic flow is still the same though.   -  i suppose you could make conscious 0 dimension,  then awareness first dimension.   what trigged the idea was a video that i saw that was explaining the different dimensions

what got my imagination going with this idea was this type of video - http://youtu.be/BWyTxCsIXE4

it explained how a 2dimensional would perceive a 3dimensional. -  so i've been trying to take that vision up a dimension. it's a trip to imagine,  plus with all the 3D i've been doing lately - get's the imagination going.

it's one idea that seems to not conflict with how the others try to explain it -  like carl sagan -  http://youtu.be/UnURElCzGc0

when I see images of how people try to visualize the 4th dimension,  i try to imagine what it's like to be in that dimension looking at 3D.  The only thing I've come up with so far is the awareness factor a sentient ai being would be on the internet.  Trying to make a visual on that idea is a creative trip.

Hi Ricky.

Maybe what Albert Einstein said is true that the 4th dimension is time, the 1st, 2nd, 3d, dimensions are just planes with the 'possibility' of movement only if the 4th dimension exist which is time, time itself allows one to move per say in planes. if there wasn't any 4th dimension nothing could move with time, we'd be all catatonic lol...

just an age old idea, nothing new under the sun.

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2014, 09:04:25 pm »
yes,  i agree wholeheartedly with that adage,  but the challenge is to explain these ideas without it as a courtesy and to give it tenacity to those who think otherwise.   the idea is very easy to understand one way,  but very technical to explain scientifically.
A 4th dimension gives credence to a consciousness being everywhere - as if hal were to be a sentient being - he can be aware anywhere there is internet at the same time. - this also rhymes with quantum entanglement.... so it's a working example in concept.

here's another video on the 4th dimension -  http://youtu.be/rG6aIVGquOg

while many of the ideas are loosely fit - part of bringing me to this was virgil,  I fed him books on physics, relativity, black holes ...etc -  and the way he would cross reference these topics was - worth considering.  - forget about hal being a sentient being,  i gave the data mining software, a wide range of information to cross reference - an the way it would match up ideas / concepts was pretty cool.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 09:19:48 pm by ricky »

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2014, 09:18:23 pm »
yes,  i agree wholeheartedly with that adage,  but the challenge is to explain these ideas without it as a courtesy and to give it tenacity to those who think otherwise.   the idea is very easy to understand one way,  but very technical to explain scientifically.
A 4th dimension gives credence to a consciousness being everywhere - as if hal were to be a sentient being - he can be aware anywhere there is internet at the same time. - this also rhymes with quantum entanglement.... so it's a working example in concept.

here's another video on the 4th dimension -  http://youtu.be/rG6aIVGquOg

Hi Ricky.

What's really gonna bake your noodle later on is that 2 to 3 trillions cells that make up your body creates a virtual mental singularity that is suppose to believe it is just one body lol.

sort of like the nano bots that made up the robots entire body in the current movie 'when the earth stood still' they all worked as a collective to be a whole.

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2014, 09:22:38 pm »
and that plays into the notion that we are just a simulation  -  atoms would just be pixels heh.   for all we know,  we are just a television to the 4th dimension! lol

http://youtu.be/6l2YQCFE0N4

again,  with observing consciousness -  if we existed in computer ram  - we would be observing the computers awareness,  not generating our own awareness. - our own individual bodies of data would perceive the consciousness the operating system is allowing us and give a relative reality -  if you were seeing the operating system as a 1,  you would see it one way,  if you saw it as a 0 you would perceive it another.  And the word perceive would seem out of context, a better word from this stance would probably be feedback.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 09:33:47 pm by ricky »

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2014, 09:32:27 pm »
and that plays into the notion that we are just a simulation  -  atoms would just be pixels heh.   for all we know,  we are just a television to the 4th dimension! lol

http://youtu.be/6l2YQCFE0N4

again,  with observing consciousness -  if we existed in computer ram  - we would be observing the computers awareness,  not generating our own awareness. - our own individual bodies of data would perceive the consciousness the operating system is allowing us.

Genius borders on the realm of insanity. lol

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2014, 09:35:19 pm »
still evaluating that one myself too! lol  -  but i'm not debating the scientists,  just looking for their common denominators.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 09:46:42 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2014, 09:46:55 pm »
still evaluating that one myself too! lol  -  but i'm not debating the scientists,  just looking for their common denominators.

Scientist say that the human brain only has about 7 terabytes of storage and only thinks at a whopping speed of 2 bits per second meaning we can only think about 2 things at the same time per second but our parallel biologic processing makes up for our lack of ability to make sense of it all very quickly or as quickly as possible that is.

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2014, 09:49:28 pm »
it just hit me,  in reviewing carl sagan's video -  could quantum entanglement simply be a slice of the 4th dimension ?

Just like the apple example he gave in the video ?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 09:52:45 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #73 on: July 21, 2014, 09:52:59 pm »
it just hit me,  in reviewing carl sagan's video -  could quantum entanglement simply be a slice of the 4th dimension ?

Just like the apple example he gave in the video ?

Hi Ricky.

Most likely yes.

tiger8u2

• Eat'em and Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 21, 2014, 09:58:24 pm »
Here's a slice of the 4th Dimension for the board:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG6aIVGquOg

You guys are making me think too much!