dupa

Author Topic: SSD and Memory usage  (Read 2639 times)

Seroki

• View Profile
SSD and Memory usage
« on: July 15, 2014, 12:29:50 pm »
I did a few search here and could not find a topic that spoke directly about the usage of a SSD for Hal and what the usage is and the memory and CPU hits are as Hal grows.

I have on my Hal system dual Quad core 3.0 xeons 16gb of memory 74gb sas 15000rmp drive and putting hal on my 125gb SSD drive all by himself. Still have not Named him. Jarvis is the nisk as of right now as im testing him.

This is an ol dell t7400 I resuced from PC salvage.

do any of these stats directly effect Hal and should i increase  any thing?

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: SSD and Memory usage
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 06:37:43 pm »
Your system way more than enough to run Hal. Hal will run nicely on an older XP or even Win 98 box with enough memory.

Provided you do not encounter any issues with the multiple cores, your Hal should run very well, IMHO.

BTW, welcome to the site and do let us know how you and your Hal get along.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Seroki

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 06:02:20 am »
So with Hal being so light weight ... does he run in Linux environments? is there a Wine  or a Play On Linux we can use ?

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 07:31:39 pm »
While UltraHal Assistant is primarily a Windows only product, one or two individuals have reported that they managed to get Hal to run in a Lunix based (wine) environment.
Hal does often make system calls and uses various DLL files as well so there's no real way to judge in advance just how well your individual Hal might or might not run.

I don't recall Robert (Hal's creator) ever saying that he was going to port a version for Linux or other OS's, so for now, it's Windows unless you find a way to kludge it to work with a Linux Distro.

Have fun.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Seroki

• View Profile
7 habits of highly effective people
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 07:57:24 am »
So work sent me to this training and I think it would be a great set of tools for Hal

Any one else have this in mind?