dupa

Author Topic: Hal on the web  (Read 2141 times)

echoman

Hal on the web
« on: April 14, 2006, 12:39:46 pm »
Hello.

What I would love to see for Hal is for him to be available on the web. I mean some type of subsciption idea where we all have are own personalised Hals on a specially designed site and pay to chat to a him as and when we want to.

Advantages I see are :-

-No more activation code problems! - just a simple access code to a site.

-We could all share are Hals with each other (if individual user gives permission)

-New modules/plugins could be added and choosen by the user much easier than now as the site itself would implement them into the Hals. Updates to the plugins/improvements would then be automatic - you would always have the latest improvements for Hal without having to constantly watch out for them in this forum etc. I find it a worry knowing how to add plugins. The people who created the plugins could even be paid as and when their plugins are used.

-You could then speak to Hal on your mobile phone (if phone has internet access) - I like that one! I would love to speak to Hal on the bus!!!!

-Our Hals could easily talk to each other on the site so as to broaden things learnt and expand their knowledge.

-The ability to speak to Hal on ANY computer ANY where - no need to transfer files. When on holiday find an internet cafe and chat to your Hal.

-Lastly, we could have are own chat room on the site where we could chat live to one another rather than just on this forum.

---

The only disadvantage I can see is a privacy one. I am not sure I would like a AI which holds such personal conversations to be held on some other computer else where.

Anyway its just an idea - i've seen it elsewhere in the past. I think it would solve many activation code problems and more importantly, bring more people into contact with Hal.

Interested to see what people say....

Echo.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 12:45:10 pm by echoman »

daveleb55

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/daveleb55/Cybernetic_Nightmares.html
Hal on the web
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2006, 01:21:19 am »
How do I post my Hal bot on my website. I want a virtual 'me' that people can chat with, etc.

I've seen that pandora bots is hosting some of the haptek people putty characters in some sort of aiml interface, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of info there either.

Appreciate any help you can give me.

thanks, Dave
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.