Author Topic: ER1 ROBOT  (Read 10365 times)

darticus

• View Profile
ER1 ROBOT
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2007, 06:56:10 pm »
Hey Bill819 OR ANYONE ELSE THAT CAN HELP!
I was told to - down the free trial version of Ultra Hal onto your machine and give it a try. Where would I find this download? Can someone point me in the right direction. Maybe email me with the email ron222@embarqmail.com
Thanks Ron

Bill819

• View Profile
ER1 ROBOT
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2007, 09:01:38 pm »
Goto the top of the page and click on 'Home'. Once there you will read more about Hal and find a link to download the trial version. Do you have any extra batteries? Right now my ER1 has two eyes, one arm and the ir sensors. The way ir is right now it stands about 42 inches tall but I am not happy with that. I am also not happy with thea aluminum bars it is built with. I want to redo the thing with sheet metal and make it at least 5 feet tall.

daveleb55

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/daveleb55/Cybernetic_Nightmares.html
ER1 ROBOT
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2007, 03:58:30 pm »
Bill,

You say there are several of us who have ER1's running a Hal brain as well. And they talk to each other? forgive me if I misunderstood you, but this seems like the one thing everyone is looking for, a way to interface a sophisticated AI like Hal with a mobile robotic platform! Have you done this yourself? Can you share details?

thanks,

Robo-Dave

quote:
Originally posted by Bill819

Echoman
Do a search of on Hal and you will see that several of us have ER1's and they are intregrated with Hal's brains. What we  now have are robots that not only obey our commands but talk to us at the same time.
Bill

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.

Bill819

• View Profile
ER1 ROBOT
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2007, 09:31:28 pm »
At this time they do not talk to each other but I am sure that that might be possible in the future. Both programs can run at the same time without conflict. A year or so ago a plugin was made so Hal would not respond to anything said unless his name was used first. This stopped Hal from trying to interpret robot commands. The ER1 as you may know will not respond to anything that has not been pre programmed into it in the first place, so conflict solved.
Bill