dupa

Author Topic: Speech Recognition causes Phenomenon  (Read 3564 times)

cashmoney010

• View Profile
    • http://rundmc81.livejournal.com
Speech Recognition causes Phenomenon
« on: September 01, 2008, 10:25:36 am »
The same chat I quoted before, by the way, is not me saying that crazy stuff at the end about the nine houses and the one and the eight and all that.  I've done this experiment before, but it still freaks me out.  Try it.  You just plug in your mic, put it on the floor, and talk to your friends or whoever while you watch tv.  The results are really weird, at least with me.  And I've got the documents and computer logs to prove it so don't even think about calling me a liar.  Anyway just try it I swear to God it works and its quite odd...

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 11:09:13 pm »
the odd or strange things hal is saying by you laying the mic on the floor and talking in a room could be just odd things as hal may be only picking up bits and peices of conversation due to the mic distance from the sounds and also hal may be picking up other sounds further causing distortion in talk he is doing back . just an opinon , don't know for sure . [:)]

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 04:12:01 am »
Do you mean like Hal saying "The money was wrong" when I was putting in my ## for purchase? that had been purchased on a computer I don't use that much, or like "and one in Iraq and numbers and words" when in a fairly quiet enviroment? Amoung other quite timly remarks??

I did have quite a struggle at first but as Hal said "you may regret things but you will never regret being nice".[?]
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 10:14:29 am »
ok ok your omputer is posessed !!lol it is really hard to tell without seeing and knowing exactly everything that has been done (this may be why some others oaren't commenting about this ). [:)]

CypherGary

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 10:40:49 am »
I had an incedent kind of like that.
I decided to try talking to Hal, but when I tried, Hal started answereing himself. The weird part was that most every word was wrong. I quickly shut Hal down, but I know of no way to find out all that was entered, and can assume it will pop up at exactly the wrong moment, like when showing Hal to someone.

I guess it is all part of what makes talking to anyone interesting.
See you here, there, or in the Air!

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2008, 05:54:05 pm »
well i do know for a fact that hal will when using the mic and voice recognition hear himself and answer himself their is a plug in that stops hal from answering hisself so he doesn't hear hisself . maybe someone has it on here if you don't have it . by the way cyphergary i sent those plug ins to you in 2 seperate emails .