dupa

Author Topic: New Features we would like in HAL 7.1  (Read 29121 times)

LiFeTimeGamer

• View Profile
    • LifeTimeGamer
New Features we would like in HAL 7.1
« on: December 18, 2017, 10:13:22 am »
Robert suggested this topic so here we go...

1. I would like an Embedded or Plugin "Spell Checker" since I and some people have Dumb Thumbs and can't spell very well... Maybe there's a Spell checker in the cloud somewhere we could tap into...  :o

2. Since HAL sometimes Tells Jokes we should have an Option in Thumbs Up to rate the quality of the joke like:  "ROTFL"  and for Thumbs Down: "That Was a Silly/Stupid Joke"... (I'm not sure is this is worthwhile or not)...

3. Not sure if this could be done, but it would be nice if you give HAL a name like "Kate" or "Tom" etc. Hal would recognize his or her name when you said it in a sentence like: Kate I'm going to the store, do you need anything?... It would have to work if you decided to change the name multiple times also...

4. The ability to speed up or slow down the Voices. I like mine a bit slow so I can listen to what is said easier... I thought I could do it through the Windows Text to Speech Control Panel but it seems it's not working with HAL 7, I thought I did it with HAL 6.2...  Maybe I'm going crazy... LOL  ;D

I'll add more as I spend more time with HAL 7...

Post your wants for HAL 7.1 guys...  :P

« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 05:59:16 pm by LiFeTimeGamer »
When it comes to Artificial Intelligence: The Soul is in the Software.

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: New Features we would like in HAL 7.1
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 09:53:28 pm »
    I like the spell checker idea , i have mentioned something like this in past idea's where hal could correct misspelled words similar to the way google does it when you search for something . but hal would do it on the fly as you entered it , if a word was misspelled hal would correct it as it is actually entered right before hal responded back .
    also the voices to be able to slow down , i may have also mentioned that in the past to , i think it would be a good idea , another i will throw in is to have voices that accent things when hal talks , cyberjedi i think said he archived this somehow .

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 09:58:33 pm »
There is a spell check plug-in that uses MS spell correct for Hal input. Requires MS Word be installed.

I've attached the plug-in below. If this isn't what you're looking for, I'm sure someone could use this to make a more integrated version.

-Spitfire

LiFeTimeGamer

• View Profile
    • LifeTimeGamer
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 10:16:54 pm »
Robert found a Spell checker that works with VBS, I think that would be better than having to have Word installed and if it gets implemented it would be part of the HAL Install...  I can't find the link to it at the moment...

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 11:00:57 pm »
the problem with spellcheckers is it's user assisted, auto-correct may not choose the correct word without the help of a human.
but who knows.

LiFeTimeGamer

• View Profile
    • LifeTimeGamer
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2017, 11:10:18 pm »
the problem with spellcheckers is it's user assisted, auto-correct may not choose the correct word without the help of a human.
but who knows.

Six of one half dozen of the other... At least you will have a chance to look at the choices and pick the one that is better than what you typed... LOL

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2017, 11:15:21 pm »
totally down for a spell check option, I just use the command and replace function.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2017, 11:24:20 am »
google auto corrects the word , it usually says did you mean .. this is what needs to be done but just with the correcting and not asking , as it usually gets it right . unless hal would say did you mean  .. and say the word and when a user answered yes would put the sentence into hal  or if user said no would leave sentence open on conversation window until corrected or another conversation was started , this is just idea's i am throwing out .

LiFeTimeGamer

• View Profile
    • LifeTimeGamer
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2018, 10:50:29 am »
This probably Defeats the purpose of HAL being a Learning Bot but I'll let you guys decide if it's a good idea or not...

After using the Thumbs Up/Down a lot in training HAL 7, I'm wondering if the following would make a good option if it's doable...

Let the USER have the ability to: "Type in a Response" that he/she thinks would be better than the ones provided and they would be saved in "Learned_info" ...

Like: if you ask HAL what do you think about my hair?  and none of the responses given would work, you could check "User Preferred Response" and an input field would come up where you could type something like this: "You hair looks great and I think that style suits you." Or whatever would be a good response from HAL for a particular USER Statement or Question...

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2018, 11:31:24 pm »
As far as I know, you can name your hal.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2018, 11:28:16 am »
Word intention would cause potential problems that ordinarily require a human.

Words like Their, There, They're, Very, Vary, Won, One, Roe, Row, Your, You're, Yore, Not, Knot. Basically sound-alike words, and so on.

Context / usage isn't a chatbot's strong suit just yet.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2018, 11:08:47 pm »
I am attempting to add a measure of context to Hals replies via my ConceptNet plugin.

-Spitfire

LiFeTimeGamer

• View Profile
    • LifeTimeGamer
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2018, 11:14:34 pm »
Cool Spitfire, keep us posted on it...  ;D

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2018, 03:52:17 am »
ConceptNetMrkII is on the sharing forum somewhere, I am currently working on mrkIII.
Spitfire

MacGyver

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2018, 11:05:16 pm »
A checkbox in General Settings to enable/disable the "Are you sure you want to close Ultra Hal..."