dupa

Author Topic: Skin loading errors  (Read 6995 times)

Data

• Xen: Good question, Accessing database...
    • View Profile
    • Datahopa
Skin loading errors
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2009, 07:16:22 am »
The only way to see where the microphone volume bar goes and how it looks is to use speech recognition, but all is not lost, you can download a free SR from Microsoft

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=5E86EC97-40A7-453F-B0EE-6583171B4530&displaylang=en

As a SR engine its next to useless (for me, I use Dragon) but it does work with Hal and will do enough for skin making.  

If I may comment on your lovely skin, your user text input area is not very long but it is quite tall, making a tall user input has little use as you can only type on one line, so as a rule I try to give the user a long text area to check the spelling or speech rec mistakes.

When you have finished your skin and are happy with it I would gladly put it on my skins web page if you like.

EDIT:

I forgot your other question about Hal starting minimised to systray. I don’t think there is a way of doing what you asked, your going to have to click that systray icon.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 07:39:26 am by Datahopa »

Davy

• View Profile
Skin loading errors
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2009, 08:24:08 am »
Thanks for the comments on my skin. You're right, the user input window is tall and narrow. I designed it so that i could get a large character window. I'll remember your suggestion if i make another skin.

I'll download the SR engine you mentioned, and give it a try.

Regarding Hal minimizing to the system tray, there is a way to stop that, in the startup option dialog, it can be set to start from a menu instead. That's only slightly better, since after changing any options, the menu will pop up instead of the skin. Quite annoying, but i suppose there is no way to change this behavior.

Regards
Davy