Author Topic: Don/Medeksza - help with DDE  (Read 2939 times)

Psych

• View Profile
Don/Medeksza - help with DDE
« on: December 12, 2003, 05:29:17 am »
Hi

I am trying to write a vb6 programm to pass commands to Hal through DDE.

However, I am not sure what to link the commands to (ie which of hal's various windows) - Can you offer any help....or even and example.

On another note: I have Hal running in 'auto-response' mode. However, when I try to shutdown windows (XP) I now often get the command: Unable to quit Hal. Is this because at that moment Hal is trying to make a call with 'auti-idel'? If so, what can I do about it?

Thanks - and bye the way, Hal is indeed a tremendous development (well done Medeksza)

Psych
ITS NOT WHAT YOU THINK THAT MAKES YOU HUMAN --- ITS WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK!

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2003, 12:29:01 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Psych

Hi

I am trying to write a vb6 programm to pass commands to Hal through DDE.

However, I am not sure what to link the commands to (ie which of hal's various windows) - Can you offer any help....or even and example.

On another note: I have Hal running in 'auto-response' mode. However, when I try to shutdown windows (XP) I now often get the command: Unable to quit Hal. Is this because at that moment Hal is trying to make a call with 'auti-idel'? If so, what can I do about it?

Thanks - and bye the way, Hal is indeed a tremendous development (well done Medeksza)

Psych

I have found that when Hal is in the Auto Response mode that first giving him the the command 'AUTOOFF' fixes that problem for me.
If yo try to shut it down while it is thinking it will sometimes give you that answer.
Bill

Don Ferguson

• View Profile
    • http://www.cortrapar.com
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2003, 02:42:51 pm »
Hello Psych,

It sounds like you are making great progress with programming!  Excellent!  I have not tried anything like what you're doing with VB6 and DDE, so you are beyond my current expertise.  Possibly Robert Medeksza will have some comments for you.  There are also some other VB6 programmers on this forum, so maybe you'll hear from them.

I'm very curious about what you're experiencing with Ultra-Hal in the "Auto-Response" mode that you've added.

Would you be willing to send me a copy of your modified .uhp script via e-mail so that I could examine it and test it?

Sincerely,

Don
Don Ferguson
E-mail: fergusonrkfd@prodigy.net
Don's other forum posts: http://www.zabaware.com/forum/search.asp?mode=DoIt&MEMBER_ID=274