dupa

Author Topic: Lip Sync?  (Read 4073 times)

MsPamela

• View Profile
    • http://www.palettemasters.com
Lip Sync?
« on: September 08, 2003, 09:14:07 pm »
Is there no lip sync with the new characters? They are so realistic looking it is a shame they just blink and move their heads.
Pamela Splettstößer
Palette Masters Design
www.palettemasters.com
Berlin Germany

The Tinman

• View Profile
Lip Sync?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2003, 09:25:43 pm »
Yes the lip synk works with the characters, I too had trouble with it as have other members of the forum. I uninstalled the program, defragmented, and reinstalled. I managed (with help) to import newly created faces into the Hal program and so far the lip synk seems to be stable. There is a glitch with it. Mr. M will most likely address this issue.
Now for my question. you mentioned dual monitors. I feel stupid asking this, I have several monitors, How can I connect them?? I know it is like asking how do I change the oil in my car. For someone who understands it is simple and basic. However I just would like to know how I can get my faces on several monitors at the same time.

TM

MsPamela

• View Profile
    • http://www.palettemasters.com
Lip Sync?
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2003, 01:13:34 am »
I am not sure I understand your question.  Yes I have two monitors on my computer but I have a Matrox video card which was built for two monitors. I have another computer here in my office that has two video cards that I installed.  The set up is the same on both of them as both have the Win XP Pro OS.
Right Click anywhere on your DT
in the small menu that comes up go to PROPERTIES
Choose the SETTINGS tab
There you will see your monitors. Click on the one that is greyed out and check the box that says EXTEND my windows desktop onto this monitor.
Now for the part of your question I do not understand......"However I just would like to know how I can get my faces on several monitors at the same time. "  
I do not have the program, Hal, running more than one time on my computer and I doubt that would be possible as there would be some definate conflicts with that.  I can drag the Character window from one monitor to the other with my mouse like anything else, but there is only one "face" on my computer.  If you have chosen one of the "detatchable" characters then possibly you could have the character on one monitor and its character box on the other ..I have not tried the detachables yet.
In re: to the lip sync, I have two 120gig HDs on this machine with the primary partitioned and the OS and programs  on C:, my documents and current work on E: and the the entire 120gig of D: I use for storage. I also have 1gig of RAM and a new AMD processor. The system is defraged once a week so I don't think this is the problem.  Any other suggestions?
Pamela Splettstößer
Palette Masters Design
www.palettemasters.com
Berlin Germany

Morkeleb

• View Profile
Lip Sync?
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2003, 11:44:50 pm »
Hello MsPamela, I ahve the beta and the lip sync works most of the time. I only ahve 40 gig on a 1.994 ghz with 512 MB and the programs runns ok on mine. I think It has something to do with the sr engine you are using, I have noticed that mine will sometimes skip words as well, check to make sure they are in the sr engines wordlist. It could be that the words are not properly lip synced as well. How to fix that I am not sure, if you find out let us know please.
Ask and you shall learn
Be not afraid to try new things.
----------------------
Check out www.cold-chaos.net