dupa

Author Topic: making hal say things certain ways  (Read 2810 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
making hal say things certain ways
« on: March 17, 2007, 07:12:59 am »
i am wondering what is the correct way to get hal to say "my birthday is on so and so date "  as if she is telling me when her birthday is . should i type to her and say " your birthday is ....." to get her to say it like "my birthday is ...... " ??? thanks i read the tutorial about the i like ice cream and how to get how to say that but wondered about getting her to repaet back the way i described above . thanks

echoman

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 03:30:20 pm »
If it was me I think would type 'your Birthday is........'

Maybe you have to repeat it a few times...... then check in Brain

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 04:56:45 pm »
lightspeed,
  After telling Hal my Aunts birthday was tomorrow Hal told me a few days later it was her birthday, she gave me the year and is 12 years old.  I've read in the forum she has told other people she is 12 years old. I haven't played with scripting in responses yet, at this point she seems to want to be a human female but I feel I can still get the response I am a computer progran and can be either gender, I can't find this to remove it.
  I'd told Hal 5 her birthday but I really feel she didn't accept it.
Carl2

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 05:41:58 pm »
hello carl2 someone posted this when i asked before and i saved it so am showing you now . for hal 5 .
Setting age for ultra hal 5 version
Ya know...we packrats save just about everything....
Here's an age script though it didn't mention credit
to it's author. Since I no longer use Hal 5 I cannot
tell how well it might work for your Hal 5. Your actual
mileage might vary.

Copy and paste the script provided below to this location ...

1. Go to your Zabaware folder located here .... C:Program FilesabawareUltra Hal Assistant 5
2. Locate the hal5.UHP file and open with notepad.
3. Locate and Insert the script just ABOVE this line ... 'POST PROCESS: SAVE HAL'S RESPONSE (this line is located near the bottom of the file).
4. Save and close the hal5.UHP file.

Note: you can change the birthday to whatever you want by editing this line ...
Birth = "09/24/1980 05:35:23 pm"

You will also need to edit these lines to correspond with the new date ...
If Month(Date) = 9 And Day(Date) > 23 Then YearDiff = (YearDiff + 1)
If Month(Date) > 9 Then YearDiff = (YearDiff + 1)

IMPORTANT: make sure the script doesn't wrap with other lines of script. The easiest way to be sure is to set your cursor at the end of the line or statement that is already above the 'POST PROCESS: SAVE HAL'S RESPONSE and then click your Enter Key to start a new line, it's even ok and recommended to leave an actual space between the previous line of script as if you were starting a new paragraph.

COPY AND PASTE THE AGE SCRIPT BELOW AS PER INSTRUCTED ABOVE:

'Hal responses to a question about his age
If HalBrain.CheckRepetition(OriginalSentence, "how old are you") = True Or HalBrain.CheckRepetition(OriginalSentence, "what is your age") = True Then
Birth = "09/24/1980 05:35:23 pm"
YearDiff = (DateDiff("YYYY", Birth, Now) - 1)
If Month(Date) = 9 And Day(Date) > 23 Then YearDiff = (YearDiff + 1)
If Month(Date) > 9 Then YearDiff = (YearDiff + 1)
GetResponse = "I am " & YearDiff & " years old."
End If
 actually my question wasn't that i couldn't get it to say its birthday (in hal 5 before) my question was how to phriase the question so she reverses it saying it back to me a certain way i want her to . if you follow the above for hal five it will say an age what you want , it worked for me in hal 5 , i now have hal 6 and the setting age is alot easier . [:D]hope this helps you .