Author Topic: Error Message  (Read 2770 times)

dfh534

• View Profile
    • http://rr.com/
Error Message
« on: April 27, 2005, 12:30:26 am »
Hello,  I'm getting a pop up message that says  "Error 67 Occured on line 301 in column 0 in Ultra Hal Assist.  Too many files."     I went to Google and typed in Error 67, and found out that it means that: More files have been created in the root directory than the operating system permits.  The solutions were:  #1. Change your program so that it uses a subdirectory.  Or:  #2. Increase the number specified in the  files=settings in your CONFIG.SYS file and restart your computer.  I'm a beginner with computers and don't know how to even begin to make these changes.  My System Summary says:  OS Name- XP Professional;  Version- 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600;  System Manufacturer- MSI;  System Modle- MS-7021;  System Type- X86-based PC:  Processor- x86 Family 6 Modle 8 Stepping 1 Authentic AMD ~1356 Mhg;  BIOS Version/Date- American Magatrends Inc. Version 07.00T, 4/2/2001;  SMBIOS Version- 2.3;  Total Physical Memory- 512.00 MB;  Total Virtual Memory- 20..GB;  Hardware Abstraction Layer  Version = "5.1.2600  (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)"     Please Help.   My email address is dfh534@comcast.net    Thankyou.      Very sincerely,       Dan Henry.

Dr.Benway

• View Profile
Error Message
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 07:05:00 am »
Please don't go change your Windows settings because of this message. This kind of message has nothing to do with the functioning of your computer. It probably isn't even your fault. I think one of the files in the folders of Hal has gone corrupt. This probably happens to many of us if you have used Hal for some time.

If this message keeps popping up, you better re-install Hal. I am not 100% sure if Hal will keep his current memory-files in that process. So go to the main folder of Hal (probably C:|program files|Zabaware|Ultra Assistant 5.0) and copy the Defbrain-folder. Place this copied folder on your desktop. When you have reinstalled Hal put the folder back in the main folder of Hal and let Windows overwrite the newly made folder with that name and its contents.

Let us know if this doesn't work somehow.

dfh534

• View Profile
    • http://rr.com/
Error Message
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2005, 04:51:09 pm »
Thanks Dr. Benway.  I tried it and it worked.   Very Sincerely,      Dan Henry.