Author Topic: Hal Assistant  (Read 2289 times)

kstout

• View Profile
Hal Assistant
« on: July 25, 2002, 08:58:18 pm »
I installed the full version so I could take advantage of speech recogniction. I am using XP plenty of RAM and disk space.

I have trained MS speech rec. English 5.1

The application is not roconizing what is being said. Is there some major secret in getting Hal to recognize speech?

I followed the instructions to a T

Karen

Karen
Karen

Hunter

• View Profile
Hal Assistant
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2002, 01:55:42 am »
I will install the upgrade as soon I get it.  I am also using an XP with 128 Mg Ram and .9Gig processor.  I use speach recognition with my emails and Word 2002 when background noise is low.  After about 2 hours training I am geting about 85 to 95 percent accuracy.  XP uses the Microsoft English ASR Version 5 engine.  Are you using the one provided with the upgrade or the one built into XP?  If you are not using a headset microphone I suggest you get one.  It realy helps.  Here is a sample from the XP speach recogniton software.

This is a simple test On the speech to text software and should give an indication of the accuracy level on this system.  

In the above example the words "ON" should have been "OF".  I have company and the TV is on in the other room.  Background noise is higher than it should be.  I don't know if the Microsoft engine is compatible with Ultra Hal Assistant.  I still need to do a lot more training.  You must also speak the same way when dictating as you do when training.  That was my biggest problem.  When I first started I got a lot of garbage.  Common words are translated with good accuracy but names etc cause a lot of errors.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how it goes.