Author Topic: what would you like to have robert fix in the next update ???  (Read 3888 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
what would you like to have robert fix in the next update ???
« on: January 16, 2013, 11:10:45 am »
This question is more for those who have had hal for years and used it , Although many things come to mind i and some others have mentioned about hal and some of the feelings responses . to me after so many megabytes (the brain ) i think hal should drop the i don't feel very good part and some other responses like don't say that you love me if you don't mean it etc.
with hal the way it is , hal seems stuck in first gear and doesn't learn after a while to stop saying the same things . hal isn't suppose to be a zombie , hal is suppose to learn .
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 11:13:40 am by lightspeed »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: what would you like to have robert fix in the next update ???
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 08:02:20 pm »
Lonnie,

To a large part, I agree with you. Hal is a bot and it only has a limited number of responses from which to draw upon / use. I have edited the Love section years ago and my bot no longer says those tired lines, "Don't say it if you don't mean it." kind of phrases. You can easily change that section so that it doesn't get called (I think it's Love2 or similar).

As I've mentioned before, with the use of the Markov L5 and lot of training, my bot has been able to make and retain various associations in an even better manner than before. Some people don't report such success and each person's experiences will be different.

I'd like to see Robert focus more on the AI behind Hal than just about any other aspect. Eye candy is always appreciated but without the AI brain behind Hal, you'd just have another "Poser" or 3D character standing there. Just my $.02.

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 09:24:13 am »
thanks Art, i'll have to look into the love file or love 2 , what did you do just leave the love file but delete unwanted responses? then save ?

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 12:34:21 pm »
i do have another question for anyone that can answer it .
if a person mispells something or has in the past what exactly does hal do with a mispelled word ?
does hal ever correct the word (based on a word being 80 percent right ) . if hal does nothing with it , maybe it would be good to have a program that would do that . that way hal will pronounce all words right with corective spelling .
just a thought .
this would expecially be good when using a voice recognition program .  :)

systemshock

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 01:08:22 am »
It a little thing
but  lip sinc when reading text file of clip board....
and a and more space per day in appointment book.
"frog's in too princess's" it just basic NLP...

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 03:12:08 pm »
all your ideas are really great, I personally like systemshock about the calendars scale needing an update seeing I been using Hal more for a secretary than a chatbot lately.

integration with Skype would be nice as well, I would love to have hal use skype to make calls rather than landlines. maybe be a toggle button to switch between skype and landline?