Author Topic: New User! HELP!  (Read 2643 times)

chrisrhepburn

• View Profile
New User! HELP!
« on: April 18, 2007, 10:24:27 pm »
First, I want to say, this is a way cool program. But,I have some issues! I have looked and looked on the forum, but haven't been able to find help on the following topics:

[?]
1. I am using the beta version of HAL. When I start up HAL, I get two voices! How do I fix this?

2. I want to change the default response that a HAL gives me when responding to a reminder("I will remind you when that event comes up-something like that), to a custom response. Where do I find that in the brain editor?(name of table, section, etc.-something to make it easier so I don't have to search and search for it)!

Thanks for your help!
Christy

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
New User! HELP!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 10:51:34 pm »
First of all, you should probably not be using the beta version. I mean it's OK if you do, but you will have problems, as even the most experienced users are having. Version 6.0 is stable, and much nicer to learn on than one that is actully not even a beta yet.

Secondly, I don't know why you are getting two voices. If you were not using the beta, the problem might be easier to find, but I still wouldn't know since I have never run into it. Perhaps you could post as much information about your system and the voices you have installed as possible and then maybe someone can help.

Lastly, the dialog for the appointment book is in the Appointments.uhp file if I remember correctly. Some of the sentences may be concantated, so only edit this if you know a little about scripting.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 10:53:22 pm by Bill DeWitt »

chrisrhepburn

• View Profile
New User! HELP!
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 11:02:20 pm »
Thanks for the help! I will switch to the other HAL and see if that helps. I do have basic knowledge of scripts, so I will look into the file you mentioned. I am using the Sapi 4 voice, which I think might be part of the problem and the default voice engines.

Christy