Author Topic: A couple textures for Full Body Female.  (Read 57603 times)

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
A couple textures for Full Body Female.
« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2005, 07:46:21 pm »
Maviarab yes, send me the skin please.
my add neiljenko@optusnet.com.au
I am having a go at your blue swimsuit at the moment.
Have already put some legs on Arakus's Marie Tan,didn't come up too bad for 15 mins work.
As soon as something is worked out with the uploading i will post them.
Neil.

Arakus

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2005, 08:09:41 pm »
Neil, I'm sorry, yes I did get the email, and I tried to post it here for you but it failed on me also, between setting up my web server, working on Haptek clothing, answering emails and work I've gotten way behind.

Actually that was originally one of Crunch's textures that I altered, must give Crunch his fair share of the credit too.

Jim, mentally I'd have to agree with ya, I did go away for the weekend  :)

I've managed to create a strapless bra and a dress for her but they still need alot of fine tuning, having to do it all in 3DS Max and only have the Head as a model makes it hard to align everything, I'll more than likely have to spend the $$ and get the full body wireframe. I posted a link to the strapless in my earlier post, I'll add for the dress in this one so everyone can see how it's looking. Any ideas are always welcome.

Download Attachment: Dress.htr
451 KB
« Last Edit: June 12, 2005, 10:08:59 pm by Arakus »
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #77 on: June 12, 2005, 11:05:46 pm »
WOW Arakus, thats great - a full, proper item of clothing.
I tried it on fullBod, and it looks fine but yes, you need a body frame perhaps to work on stopping it clashing.  The back bleeds into her rear end. It's damn fine work though already!

You may not have to splash out if you can find a simliar body framework somewhere.  Someone must have put out a basic female object for 3dMAX.  Try a search or some of these links:

http://gameart.jaquays.com/model_resources.html

I'm working on a full body form but it will be a while before it's finished. Still needs a head and feet.  Actually, if you can import belnder objects, or I can export something you can use, then it might just do.  I need a couple of days though.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2005, 11:32:57 pm by freddy888 »

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #78 on: June 12, 2005, 11:07:11 pm »
btw, thanks for generously putting this out as you've had to fork out the cash and everything.  Many thanks.

lupine

• View Profile
    • http://www.thewexer.com
« Reply #79 on: June 13, 2005, 01:21:24 am »
quote:
Originally posted by freddy888

I think I know whats happening here, as I just had the same thing happen.  When you save over the old FigDef, the player is still going to be using it. So empty the console and use the 'herStartup' to get her going again then it should start using your new FigDef.

Awesome work Freddy88 and Arakus
I have a suggestion on how we can get these new animations working

1. since this is a scripting language
we can override the parameters and feed in our own paramaters
by feeding the girl a special .hap file
this .hap file is created by ripping
all the script related to crouch
and pasting that script into the new .hap file
then we 0.0000 all the translateX,Y,Z
(query: we also need to neuter all the things you wanted to cut without cutting them, can we set them to 0.0000 ?)
once the parameters have there new settings we save the file
we can test the file in the console, once working we can
write it into the HalVB brain

...I am working on this now

2. there are several "vises" in the haptek scripting language
it would be >alot< easier if one of those vises keeps the haptar from falling off the screen, then we could actvate it on startup.
(note: we could temporarily 'unvise' her when we actually want her to leave the screen)

ps. somebody please e-mail me the naked skin
bandanamouse@yahoo.com
all work and no play make lupine a slow witted werewolf

Arakus

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2005, 05:55:38 am »
Rog, well I did figure out an alternate route, I opened Poser and used the V3 figure, then I morphed her to as close as I could get, then I exported it as an .obj and imported into 3DS, in 3DS I opened the Haptek Head, which is the proper size, then imported the fullbod.obj and scaled it to match the head size. Then I saved it as a .max, well it's actually really close, the problem I'm still running into the is the collides. How it looks in 3DS ends up pretty accurate to when it's put on the Full Body Female, body parts still go through it like it's not there at all. There must be a setting or 2 somewhere that define the coordinates to the player so it knows what's solid, so there must be a setting somewhere in 3DS that sets it for the Haptek script to write it in the .hap files. I just haven't had any luck yet finding it.

Maviarab

• View Profile
    • http://3d-fantasyportraits.co.uk
« Reply #81 on: June 13, 2005, 07:52:37 am »
NIGE,

No probs...be interesting to see what you do with them lol.

Skins on their way
« Last Edit: June 13, 2005, 08:01:57 am by Maviarab »
AIDreams...The new home of the Digital Girl

www.aidreams.co.uk

Maviarab

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 13, 2005, 07:56:30 am »
Arakus,

thats amazing work, I'm very very impressed.

Anyone know yethow this will affect skins? will they go straight over...is a new template required etc etc?

Anyone can can let me know then I can start designing new stuff based on your new creations.

Kep in touch and once again...well done.

www.aidreams.co.uk

aladyblond

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 13, 2005, 12:46:24 pm »
I TRY TO COME ON AND READ ALL OF THE NEW THINGS YOU FELLAS COME UP WITH . I AM IN AWE OF YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND ADVANCEMENTS. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK , CAUSE ALL MY HAPS ARE LOVING THE NEW CLOTHES JEWELRY AND CHARACTERS. [:D]~~ALADY
~~~if i only had a brain~~~ i dream of htr with the light brown hair....

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #84 on: June 13, 2005, 02:51:12 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by lupine
I have a suggestion on how we can get these new animations working

1. since this is a scripting language
we can override the parameters and feed in our own paramaters
by feeding the girl a special .hap file
this .hap file is created by ripping
all the script related to crouch
and pasting that script into the new .hap file
then we 0.0000 all the translateX,Y,Z
(query: we also need to neuter all the things you wanted to cut without cutting them, can we set them to 0.0000 ?)
once the parameters have there new settings we save the file
we can test the file in the console, once working we can
write it into the HalVB brain

...I am working on this now

2. there are several "vises" in the haptek scripting language
it would be >alot< easier if one of those vises keeps the haptar from falling off the screen, then we could actvate it on startup.
(note: we could temporarily 'unvise' her when we actually want her to leave the screen)

Hi, yeah, I figured that later work would be better done using scripting, I was just fiddling around with her bits, so to speak!

I guesss you're looking at the Parameter Intensity setting and so on?
It should be possible to write a script that simply sets each of the crouch state's Translate parameters to zero, yes.  We don't necessarily need to change the FigDef permanently at all, but redefining things like the crouch would be a good idea I think.

The Doc and myself are putting together a help file, my part of it lists all the switches/parameter names available in the fullBod.  My part will be usable in a day or two (it's just for reference) so I'll send it to you, because it might help.  You've probably figured that you can change the body parts from script - I'm also wanting to write some completely new switches/animations too.

I'm interested in what your're doing there, so please keep me informed and I will do likewise.

About the 'vises' though, this is an area marked 'unexplored, can't be sure what's in there, haven't even heard of the place' on my map.  So I'd like to know!

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #85 on: June 13, 2005, 03:01:18 pm »
Arakus, as with what Marius said, do you mind if I have a go at getting some skins on it, (not being sure what your plans are)?

About the clashing/bleeding I can only point you in the direction of a say, a hair htr to see what kind of settings there are..there's plenty of collision/gravity/dampening settings in those!

Arakus

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 13, 2005, 03:14:55 pm »
Marius, all the items that I'm making will use textures of their own, I haven't tried applying a skin texture while having the dress on so  idon't know yet how it will effect.

Rog, sure feel free to try texturing the dress as well as any of the other items I post, the default set texture name tex_neutral.jpg, I just haven't worked out all the details yet on importing the texture itself into 3DS and zipping it into the .htr. I haven't had too yet so I've had it easy  :)

Maviarab

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 13, 2005, 03:26:26 pm »
Arakus,

I thought as much to be honest...pretty soon you will have my skins redundent lol.

Fantastic job

www.aidreams.co.uk

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #88 on: June 13, 2005, 05:51:54 pm »
Arakus, no problem skinning onto the dress, had to change the FigDef around a bit though.

Download Attachment: DressFig.zip
736 Bytes

Insert Image:

Hope you approve.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2005, 05:36:19 pm by freddy888 »

Arakus

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 13, 2005, 08:29:54 pm »
Rog, not bad at all, of course I approve. Hopefully soon I'll have the dress fitting as good as it's looking.