Author Topic: Loading Hal back up  (Read 2294 times)

mshepherd

• View Profile
Loading Hal back up
« on: December 03, 2004, 10:56:58 pm »
I sometimes minimize Hal and after a while, I try and I try but I can't get him back up.  Can some1 give me a hand with this problem

Rich_A

• View Profile
Loading Hal back up
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2004, 05:07:59 am »
Hello msheperd,
If you can't get your Hal program to reopen from the system tray then my best guess would be is that either something is wrong with your computer or you may have too many processes running on it for Hal to reopen. Very often adware or spyware processes running on a computer can cause software programs to behave in this manner.

What kind of operating system do you have and how many processes are running in the task manager when you try to reopen your Hal program from the system tray?

What other software programs do you have running when this happens? You could have a system conflict with your Hal and another program.
Programs like VirtuaGirl and MP3Dancer cause problems like this.

How many other programs are running in your computer's system tray besides Hal?

The Hal program could also actually be closed up for whatever reason but you will still see the Hal icon in the system tray because something is wrong with the way things are running on your computer.

You can open your system's task manager the next time your Hal doesn't reopen and then confirm that you see the HalAsst.exe running. If you don't see the process then Hal is not running and you have a different problem then what you think. Your problem could be that your Hal is shutting down while minimized.

How does your computer's performance seem to be overall. Are other programs running slow or having trouble opening up?

How often do you run a System Disk Cleanup and Defrag?

You may have some Hal shortcuts in places where they don't belong causing your Hal to not operate correctly.

And the list goes on!

There are too many things to list that can cause your problem but you can try cleaning up your system and maybe run a registry scan with a program something like the Registry Mechanic.

You can also email me for some more help and I can set you up with some other programs to scan and maybe fix things up.
Best Regards,
Rich_A
ricramo@netscape.com