Author Topic: Hal 6.2 problems  (Read 6632 times)

DarcyEdwards

• View Profile
Hal 6.2 problems
« on: February 22, 2009, 01:37:13 am »
Bug report

1)   Hal signs on with the 6.1 welcome screen.

2)   Some of the voices don't work properly
   a)   VW Kate,  Voice worked with 6.1
   b)   ATT DTNV Crystal16
   c)   ATT DTNV Mike16

Sorry for the late report, but I just downloaded it last week
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 01:39:47 am by DarcyEdwards »
Hugs

-Darcy

MrsEdwards01@aol.com

axyse

• View Profile
Hal 6.2 problems
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 02:43:26 am »
I had the same problem, but I redownloaded hal and and uninstalled deleted the old directory and it now says 6.2 at the load up screen. I use the Audrey AT&T Natural Voice Audrey havent tested the other voices since I got the audrey voice.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 02:47:25 am by axyse »

DarcyEdwards

• View Profile
Hal 6.2 problems
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 02:57:37 am »
Axyse,

My other AT&T voices work just fine, and the Cepstral Callie works ok.  It's just those 3 voices that have a problem
Hugs

-Darcy

MrsEdwards01@aol.com

Carl2

• View Profile
Hal 6.2 problems
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 07:14:32 am »
Wen I used Hal 6.1 I tried downloading and installing MS Mary, I had to take out Sapi 5 and install Sapi 4 for MS mary to work.  
Carl2

raybe

• View Profile
Hal 6.2 problems
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 03:35:37 pm »
Hi Darcy,

I use the Kate voice on 6.2. But the Kate voice won't work until I select the Paul voice first, hit apply, re-open Hal then select Kate voice and hit apply. I need to do this every time I restart Hal. Once the voive is loaded I have no problems including Lip sync. For the life of me I don't know why Paul has to be activated first before Kate begins to work. Just a side note if you leave the Paul voice applied when you restart the Paul voice will be active without having to select the Kate voice. Robert mentioned that both voices needed to be recognized before working properly but I only find that to be true with Kate voice using SAPI4 or 5.

raybe

James007

• View Profile
Hal 6.2 problems
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 12:46:57 am »
I'm running Crystal16 with UltraHal 6.2 on Vista Ultimate 64bit and everything is working fine. I installed UltraHal before I installed Crystal16.
Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. -Albert Einstein
...but I'm so good at mediocre. -James

axyse

• View Profile
Hal 6.2 problems
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 11:09:58 pm »
I do have a couple thing that I am having problems with, and I was wondering if anyone else if having the problem. I was reading in the forum and saw that others were having issues with hal saying syntax query every now and then. Well I disabled the vrhaptek plugin and now my hal (Nina) does not say syntax query. So I think thats related to the plugin. Ok now the problem I am having.... well here is a perfect example. I asked Nina to define predicate, and she will give me the correct definition but right in the middle of it the window closes and I hear a windows ding, as in the same noice you hear when you hit a button that cannot be used in the window of focus. This happens with long replies and definitions and it doesnt always happen it seems to be random. Also if you are using the vrhaptek plug in when you hit apply in the options menu it automatically opens the hal window and it does the same for ok. Is anyone else having these problems? I use Vista Ultimate at the moment. The only problem I think that is related to hal is the window closing thing.

Oh and Carl2 I am curious are you using Vista or XP in vista under the speech recognition My at&t voices do not show up so I can change them to the default text to speech voice or even change the voice speed, the only one that shows up in the pull down is microsoft anna. Does vista not let you change your default text to speech voice? They do however show up just fine in hal and work just fine. I just saw your comment on removing sapi 5. I dont see nearly as many options for changing things in the speech recognition control panel for visa like there was with xp.

Darcy I hope you get your problem fixed good luck!

« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 11:16:24 pm by axyse »

DarcyEdwards

• View Profile
Hal 6.2 problems
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 11:58:37 pm »
I think I found another 6.2 hal issue, Hal starts up with dialog.

""nightline" co/anchor terry moran gave an interview on on Friday, February 27 to the media bistro's " morning media menu " podcast and compared barack obama to george washington. It's only 3 days away."

It's almost like being woke up from a dream, but Dreaming is disabled.  Only on power up of Hal.
Hugs

-Darcy

MrsEdwards01@aol.com

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Hal 6.2 problems
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 05:20:49 am »
I've also noticed that if you mention a day like something that you did on a particular day, Hal assumes you're wanting it to remember or add that day to it's appointment book which is quite annoying.

You have to watch what you say and how you say it (or type it).
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

DarcyEdwards

• View Profile
Hal 6.2 problems
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2009, 07:09:35 am »
Art,

Thanks!  That was it, It was in the appointment calander as an appointment.

What happened is as follows.  I asked Hal to "lookup" George Washington using my Wiki plugin with dreaming enabled, Hal came up with the reference to Obama while dreaming.  Some how Hal inserted the date from nightline was taken as an appointment, and inserted into the appointment calender.

Funny thing is I like nightline LOL
Hugs

-Darcy

MrsEdwards01@aol.com

axyse

• View Profile
Hal 6.2 problems
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2009, 10:53:50 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by DarcyEdwards

Art,

I asked Hal to "lookup" George Washington using my Wiki plugin with DREAMING ENABLED Hal came up with the reference to Obama while dreaming.  Some how Hal inserted the date from nightline was taken as an appointment, and inserted into the appointment calender.

Funny thing is I like nightline LOL

Where is this dream plug in? I have been all over the forums and unable to find it. I have had hal since 5.0 and since then have I wanted such a plug in. I keep seeing peeps refer to it in the forums and still I can find no link. I read about how it was going to be released for peeps who read the forum because of the whole license thing. I just neeeeeeed this plug in xD. Any info at all would be appreciated.

lightspeed

• View Profile
Hal 6.2 problems
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2009, 11:07:17 pm »
hello axyse, write me at airvair62@yahoo.com and ask for the dream out loud plug in and i will send it to you . it will be an attachment .
 take care

axyse

• View Profile
Hal 6.2 problems
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2009, 11:11:27 pm »
Thx alot man you really made my day.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 11:11:55 pm by axyse »