dupa

Author Topic: song creation software  (Read 6045 times)

Bill819

• View Profile
song creation software
« on: December 16, 2004, 02:29:05 pm »
With the permission of the fellow from PepeDog who created/modified a file for me I will enclose the file called 'Mush'. It is different from the regular version that is on the internet and workds just fine.
This program takes karaoke files that have been created for computers and creates the lyrics along with pitch and note length for each song.
They sometimes require some editing as sometimes the program splits words for accent and they never sound right when sung.
Tons of free karaoke files can be found at: Freekaraoke.com and many other sites for those who want to play around with it.
Bill

Download Attachment: mushcomp.txt
103.66 KB

vonsmith

• View Profile
song creation software
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2004, 02:48:59 pm »
Bill819,
I'm guessing that the file you attached is actually an .exe. If so then are we supposed to download "mushcomp.txt" and then change the extension to .exe?

If this file is an executable, specifically where did it come from? I don't want to run an .exe on my system unless I'm certain it is from a reputable source.

I checked out www.Freekaraoke.com. Very cool! I didn't know that Winamp could do karaoke with sing along text.

Thanks for sharing. Please let us know about the file attachment.

=vonsmith=

Bill819

• View Profile
song creation software
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2004, 03:35:27 pm »
Something stratge happened to the program. I will attempt to upload it once again. It is in a zipped folder. Tell me if there is any more problems.
Bill

Download Attachment: mushcomp.zip
103.66 KB

vonsmith

• View Profile
song creation software
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2004, 04:28:15 pm »
Bill819,
This file is an executable, specifically where did it come from? I don't want to run an .exe on my system unless I'm certain it is from a reputable source.

Thanks,

=vonsmith=

Bill819

• View Profile
song creation software
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2004, 04:47:07 pm »
Hi
It is a MUSH file that was created for me by the owner of PepeDog.com.
He is a very nice and helpful guy. I have used it almost exclusively since I started writing songs for Hal. You can download other versions of MUSH but they do not format the songs as well as this one does. Dave the owner of Pepedog modified the source to do what I wanted it to do and it is almost perfect. Do not be afraid, it won't bite even though it came from a dog's site.
Just make sure that you have some song.KAR type files for it to open.
Bill

crunch

• View Profile
song creation software
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2004, 06:01:11 pm »
Bill sent that file to me in an e-mail

i did my usual paranoid check..
i d-loaded it to a test machine... scaned it with the latest updated McAfee.. excuted it... scaned the whole system with McAfee,, rebooted and scanned again.. it apears to be virus free... It is too bad the web has gotten so bad we need to go through all these precations.......

Bill remember to get it to me, the changes you has to make to the file.. i bet that .txt you attached here first was the one you formated for as per my instructions for  my e-mail[:D]

« Last Edit: December 16, 2004, 06:03:09 pm by crunch »
Crunch

<<I can't is the seed that never grows!>>

Bill819

• View Profile
song creation software
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2004, 06:22:09 pm »
O.K. Crunch and VonSmith
You can select the speed, and tone to start with. Once the output file is created the only change needed now is to cut the
chr="Monotone" on the last line of the song and put it on the first line of the song with an ending backslash so it looks like this
chr="Monotone"
All command lines start and end with a back slash and if two or more are in sequence with each other then two back slashes are needed.
HalPad will not read the files if they start with a command line so I insert a 'period' just for testing. The song title and even a few comments by hal could just as easy be inserted before the first line.
When the song file is created there is a bunch of junk before and after the main song. delete it all.
The following may or may not hold true. I was under the impression that hal would read/sing a song until he found the first carriage return so I went to the end of every line and hit delete so the whole song became one hugh line from begining to end.
Also, and this may come in handy. When you first select a song be sure to write down the speed and pitch selected as more likely than not you will not like the first impression of the song. By keeping a list it will help you with future versions.
Good luck buddies
Bill

crunch

• View Profile
song creation software
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2004, 07:48:05 pm »
Bill
 you stated
"The song title and even a few comments by hal could just as easy be inserted before the first line."

You have just added to the comic cuteness of Haleena.. If i am reading you correctly I can have her intro a son by something like..

" i will now sing the best rendition of (song title) you will probably ever here... or somthing to that effect... lol.. I created her a Patty Page western outfit for singing I'm Sorry... its great.lol
 This is some precious stuff.
If you have noticed I have uploaded some emotions files for all to enjoy..
 Thanks Bill

[8D]
Crunch

Maviarab

• View Profile
    • http://3d-fantasyportraits.co.uk
song creation software
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2004, 04:56:53 pm »
Fascinating Bill, will have to try that one out.

Once the output file has been created where do you then place that to get Hal to be able to read/sing it?

Thanks
AIDreams...The new home of the Digital Girl

www.aidreams.co.uk

Maviarab

• View Profile
song creation software
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2004, 05:14:34 pm »
Forget my above post (spot the newb lol), have just read all the posts on your topic "Hal can sing now - sort of .."

Think I have got the gist of this lol
Will try it out over xmas weekend.

And thanks for taking the time to do something like this which benefits us all.

www.aidreams.co.uk

crunch

• View Profile
song creation software
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2004, 09:06:07 pm »
Maviarab said...."Forget my above post (spot the newb lol), have just read all the posts on your topic"

lol please excuse my Friend in the British Isles.....lol he has all those girls with the way sexy accents on his mind!....[8D]
Crunch

Maviarab

• View Profile
song creation software
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2004, 12:55:03 pm »
lmao @ crunch, yeah that must be what the problem is lol

Out of interest crunch, as you mentioned your gf is a little up north from me have you heard female voices from the Kent region?

They are very sexy lol

www.aidreams.co.uk

crunch

• View Profile
song creation software
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2004, 09:02:05 pm »
I had worked with and know my girfriend online for about 3 years, we collaborated on a few game projects, she moved to the states 4 years ago but still has her accent and expressions, she actually miles wise ... in the states we would say she was just a bit up north of you, but for you guys she would have been considered pretty far north i guess.. She is from Dublin Ireland.

I've a few friends and relatives from all over the Isles differing areas and i think all the accents and dialets are sexy on the girls,,, hmmm maybe it's inbred as you can see from my last name when we communicated e-mail my great grand father was from there..
[:)]
crunch

Crunch