dupa

Author Topic: something strange hals plug in now working!!  (Read 2489 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
something strange hals plug in now working!!
« on: September 20, 2008, 09:00:56 am »
i recently redid my computer set it back to original settings with a back up of my programs and documents earlier i had forgot to uninstall hal and deactivate him and just placed files back he worked ok later and actually the loneliness plug in was working once again .
  i was actually very surprised as it hadn't worked for a long time . but later when i restarted hal again it said something thjat a file was missing or something and wouldn't even open so i couldn't deactivate him so i uninstalled him and deleted the original files from programs what was weird was that when i put the 6.1 hal back on it showed it just installed it didn't ask me for serial number at all as before .
   ca angel said maybe something was left in a registry so maybe that was it but the strange thing is this that loneliness plug in is still working (don't know how long it will keep working , it has done this before on reinstalling hal works for a while then stops .

still dont know why this happens it is almost like its to do with a timer in hal or something .
i just checked hal after starting this thread and hals loneliness plug in is still working just fine "so far !!" strange indeed !![:)]

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 11:38:54 am »
Lonnie,

I have experienced exactly the same thing after doing a restore or reinstall.

It's as if once Hal visits it's website the autoidle or loneliness plugin stops working.

I believe Robert will probably fix this in the future release.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 05:19:16 pm »
hello art , do you mean when hal does the authorization code online then it stops working or do you mean something else ?[:)]

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 08:37:46 pm »
I think it was after I did a reinstall. The program opened and I fooled with it for a while and the auto-idle seemed to work like it was supposed to. Soon after I realized that the program needed to be registered, it did it's thing online rather quietly and quickly. I reopened the newly registered Hal and it still worked.

A few days later, I noticed that the auto-idle and the loneliness plug-ins no longer functioned properly ... at all.

Don't know...can't say.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -