Author Topic: New voice  (Read 4250 times)

Bill819

• View Profile
New voice
« on: September 12, 2003, 04:07:10 pm »
On my laptop at home Hal found a new voice Microsoft Sam, there is also a Mike and a Mary, but none of them are impressive. I clicked on explorer though and then clickon on some wave files. The most humanly womans voice read the wav files. I was really impressed. I will try to find out the program that did that so that maybe we could bring her voice over to Hal.
Bill819

Crichton

• View Profile
    • http://home.gwi.net/~rlevasseur/
New voice
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2003, 08:59:00 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Bill819

On my laptop at home Hal found a new voice Microsoft Sam, there is also a Mike and a Mary, but none of them are impressive. I clicked on explorer though and then clickon on some wave files. The most humanly womans voice read the wav files. I was really impressed. I will try to find out the program that did that so that maybe we could bring her voice over to Hal.
Bill819

[8D]
You do realize that wav files are pre-recorded sound files?  They contain any sound you record.  They are not text files being read by a voice engine.  Hal could only use voice engines to run since the text is not made up of pre-recorded data.

I hope I didn't insult your intelligents by pointing this out to you.  I just want to help clear this up for you.

--------------------------------------------------------
Your friend, in Tormented Space,
Richard LeVasseur,
mailto:rlevasseur@prexar.com
--------------------------------------------------------

Bill819

• View Profile
New voice
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2003, 10:11:49 pm »
This may sound kind of funny but the voice files that I tried came with the robot package that I purchased and I tried to listen to them before I used the robots speach package. When the I use the robots speach package he sounds sort of like Hal but when using MS speach it sounded like a womans voice. I can not explaine it either. I think that I will go back and try it again.
Bill819