Author Topic: Help with new files  (Read 5109 times)

Bill819

• View Profile
Help with new files
« on: October 06, 2003, 01:59:23 pm »
I down loaded all the new stuff suggested by members, ie. friends.brn, and now I need to know what to edit to make them work. I am still a little new here so please bear with me.
Bill819
P.S.
My robot now has a head and speaks fluent Hal. I found a mini mike which I will mount where a nose would normaly be so he can hear me too. I think that I have the best of two world, a working robot that will sit back and talk to me too.

Larry

• View Profile
Help with new files
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2003, 06:44:49 pm »
You know - This is just too cool what you have done... I know you mentioned before where you got this robot - but where was it again??? and just how big is it???

Bill819

• View Profile
Help with new files
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2003, 06:53:58 pm »
I bought mine through Robotoys.com, but the main page of the manufacture is Evolution.com and the robot is named (their name) ER1.
They sell a basic kit and many people who have purchased one have greatly modified it. I am just getting started with mine. It stands about 18" tall as it comes from the factory, but I have seen some users make theirs over 4 to 5 feet tall. You are unlimited as to what you can do.
I will try to take a picture and post it here if I can.
My robot will be named T.A.R. 1 for (talking autonomous robot). One nice thing is that it can call "Hal" when I want to talk and Hal can call it when I want it to perform.
Bill819

Larry

• View Profile
Help with new files
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2003, 07:12:48 pm »
This is very interesting... I'm sure a lot of ppl would like to see pictures of it... I know I would...

Bill819

• View Profile
Help with new files
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2003, 11:28:09 am »
Well I took some pictures of it last night along with his smaller buddy who stands only about 18" tall. The one that I am building though is going to grow another 2 or 3 feet in height, and sprout some arms, ect.
Hope you all don't laugh.
Bill819

Download Attachment: TAR1 & Friend.jpg
139.58 KB

vonsmith

• View Profile
Help with new files
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2003, 11:53:09 am »
Ugh! Hal shur is homely! You gotta get a full screen Haptek character with version 5.0. R2D2 is still the cutest bot on the block.

Laptop with wheels. What a concept!

Okay, I'm just kidding. Great start. I'm gonna check out Robotoys.com and  Evolution.com.

Good luck on your venture.

= vonsmith =

kevinvr

• View Profile
    • http://kevinvr.tripod.com
Help with new files
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2003, 08:50:59 pm »
Hi Bill, Thanks for the picture.  That looks great:)
I am glad hal is working with the mike.  That camara box looks excellent!  good job!

I read a bit of it and it seems that the system that comes with ER1 is quite flexible and it seemed to be pretty user friendly.  

Great Job
regards
Kevin
I dream of creating a self replicating, self maintaining, autonomous robot :)

Bill819

• View Profile
Help with new files
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2003, 11:55:15 am »
Great news robot lovers.
I just recieved a bulletin this morning from the makers of ER1 and they are offering an assembled robot for 1/2 the normal price. That makes it only $250.00. I also found one being auctioned off in Ebay.
Someone should tell Santa to come a little early this year.
Bill

kevinvr

• View Profile
    • http://kevinvr.tripod.com
Help with new files
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2003, 03:30:02 am »
Bill, To answer your question.
You gotta add the specific file into your defbrain folder and then you must open your brain eg:hal5.uhp and enter the code that the guys put in their post.  You can normally just cut and paste and Jerry, Don and larry normally give good instructions.  If you get stuck or it doesnt work just post a note and they will answer.  the resposes time is like ultra fast[:)]

Hope this helps.  i think there is a more detailed post somewhere but I cant think where at the moment.  
Regards
Kevin
I dream of creating a self replicating, self maintaining, autonomous robot :)