Author Topic: Mr. Blakely  (Read 3393 times)

Bill819

• View Profile
Mr. Blakely
« on: October 07, 2003, 11:38:01 am »
I down loaded almost all of the files that you created, ie. Friends.brn, etc. I have a question and once I know the answer I will not have to ask again. What file do I modify to make them all work? I can open everything with the Wordpad and probably with HalPad. Once I find the proper file to open, where do I insert the new code?
Thanks for you suggestions and help.
Bill819

vonsmith

• View Profile
Mr. Blakely
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2003, 12:32:51 pm »
All of the .brn files and most other code posted here can be implemented in similar ways.

If you haven't already, see Don Ferguson's and other's past posts here on the forum about Hal modifications in general. A lot of people have posted some really good info about programming and modifying Hal on this forum.

Here's a couple good starts:
http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=798
http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=828

The best way is just to make a backup copy of the Hal directories and start editing Hal's files to experiment. There is a good Microsoft VBscript help reference application called scrdoc56en.exe. It's about 1.4MB in size, too big to post here. Just go to Google and search for "scrdoc56en.exe" "download" and you will find a place to download it from.

I hope this helps, we gotta stick together.

= vonsmith =
« Last Edit: October 07, 2003, 12:36:26 pm by vonsmith »

onthecuttingedge2005

Mr. Blakely
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2003, 03:55:05 pm »
Hi Bill.
The way to do it is copy the script and paste in your
default hal brain, Usually the Hal4.uhp I use Hal
brain editor to this cause it color codes the script and lets you you
know if errors occure.
you can get to the brain editor by the programs panel for Hal or right
click the hal icon usually in the lower right ahnd corner of your screen in windows.
make sure you make a back up by copy and pasting your original Hal4.uhp to backup folder before attemping any modifications to your brain so that you always have a good script on hand, If you have any
trouble let me know I'll get to you as soon as possible, All of
the .brn files go into the default folder. the .uhp files are generally in the C:Program Files\zabawareUltra Hal Assistant 4
folder.
best of wishes and new discoveries.
Jerry.