dupa

Author Topic: New version 5.0 errors  (Read 3355 times)

Bill819

• View Profile
New version 5.0 errors
« on: October 21, 2003, 11:59:29 am »
I just downloaded version 5 and got several errors and the program won't run. During the installation I received an Error 52 and and Error 0. Finally I received an Error saying that "msscript.ocx" was missing. I tried to run Hal and still get the message that "msscript.ocx" is missing, now I can not run either version.
Could someone please help?
Thanks
Bill819
[:(]

Bill819

• View Profile
New version 5.0 errors
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2003, 01:25:57 pm »
I finally got it working. Tried to reinstall it but it still did not work. Finally removed Hal from my hard disk and then installed it all over again. It works just fine now, except I can not view the 3D charactors. When I try to set the default to the 3D characters what I get instead are sceenic screens. Well 2D is just fine for now.
I want to order the version on a CD. Where can I get it and have it sent to me?
Thanks
Bill819

Razor

• View Profile
New version 5.0 errors
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2004, 05:10:06 pm »
Did you ever get your 3D characters working?  I'm have a similar problem.  First they worked and now they don't.

Bill819

• View Profile
New version 5.0 errors
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2004, 05:19:03 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Razor

Did you ever get your 3D characters working?  I'm have a similar problem.  First they worked and now they don't.

It turned out to rather simple. I turned off everything that was running in the background from the startup menu and reinstalled Hal. Now everything works just fine. Even some virus checkers prevent Hal from being installed properly. The only other problem I have seen over the year is from other people video cards not supporting the 3D characters.
Good luck with your installation.
Bill