dupa

Author Topic: An interesting MS Agent site  (Read 30275 times)

calemus

• View Profile
Re: An interesting MS Agent site
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2012, 08:33:42 pm »
so

im using Kirei at the moment

im trying to find out how to make her react by command

does anyone have a list of >/code execute< command directives or anything at all on how to interact with her?

also the microsoft agent editor does not seem to be able to open / interact with an acs file ( the file the avatar is in
pleas take a moment to watch and share this in it's ENTIRETY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20RoAfflGCM
learning is good .....understanding is better .....pleas teach with wisdom..........................................................calemus

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2012, 09:34:28 am »
What OS are you running?

From my previous posting:
To view the animations use MASH, MAPV or the ACE (Microsoft Agent Character Editor)

In your case you could try to find a copy of MASH or MAPV.

Failing that, I could look in my other computer to see if I still have an old copy in there.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

calemus

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2012, 07:18:04 pm »
win7 64 bit
yes i have double agent
ms agent editor, ultra hal, and verbot(which will not allow character selection)
pleas take a moment to watch and share this in it's ENTIRETY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20RoAfflGCM
learning is good .....understanding is better .....pleas teach with wisdom..........................................................calemus

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2012, 06:51:16 pm »
I am also using Win 7 with 64 bit and I've tried several .acs (character) files.
I don't know whether anyone programmed a "Command Console" for the MS Agent characters other
than the ones I mentioned. I don't think there was an active voice command either.

Using MS-Agent Properties Viewer 3.1 I was able to view and Play all of the character's animations.
This was repeated with more than just one character (I tried several).
As you can see, I tested Sylvie doing a SMILE routine which worked fine.

While there is hardly a use for MS Agent characters and Win 7 no longer actively supports them, they
were fun for their time.

I just downloaded and ran the MSPV to test it and it worked for me. Your mileage may vary.

There are other avatars available. It just depends on your desired usage.

Good luck!

Look at Guile3D's Denise is you really want to see a beautiful 3D avatar!! There were also many "movable" avatar characters done with a program called People Putty by Haptek corp. You can find a lot of them at various AI related sites.

- Art -

calemus

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2012, 10:54:21 pm »
currently im using magents with zabaware
it seems to be the best option
well,,actually guile 3d seems to be the best option, but thats 200 bucks
verbots seems unusable as the point of choosing/selection avatar

are there any other options you might know of?
r.i.p. cyberbuddy is defiantly not an option for me
i still have the installation cd for memories

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2012, 05:13:48 pm »
What's wrong with using UltraHal or trying your luck with some of the Haptek creations? I think Duskrider used to be pretty with a command set to get them to do different things, poses, etc.

Haptek is reportedly working on revamping its rather dated avatar creation software, more geared toward Windows 7 & 8 and 64bit systems as I'm told. There are a LOT of character Heads from which to choose and several of the full body characters as well. Personally, the character movements are ok on my Win 7 if I only activate the .htr or haptar file by itself. If I use Zabaware's GUI, the interactivity is somewhat slow and sluggish - slight delays before actions are performed. Hopefully, Haptek will address these issues in their upgrade.

If you have an XP box, UltraHal and Haptek should perform pretty fluidly together.

A former active member here, Rich Amico has created a Halwindows / Alactive program that allows one to manipulate a fullbody Haptek character in a number of different poses, backgrounds, music, effects, etc. His program is Free if you are interested.

There is also a site called Mixamo at:http://www.mixamo.com/

- Art -

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2012, 07:50:35 pm »
Calemus,

I forgot about a pretty cool product called iClone. Tons of characters and room for modification, enhancements, creating your own animations, movies, scenes, backgrounds, etc.

Check it out at : http://www.reallusion.com/affiliate/store.aspx?ClickID=clwaxevkpffvplsavvnafawwkl44wfnpsiqx

- Art -