Author Topic: can a smart pc person help me create something ?  (Read 3208 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
can a smart pc person help me create something ?
« on: January 23, 2012, 08:47:08 am »
I am working on a seperate project and wonder if someone can help me with it .
what i want to create is a file i can have on my sky drive account that is a self extracting file , what i want is to make a file that will self extract when the person clicks on it , in anotther words it can't be downloaded and saved it will just self extract , i don't know if sky drive will do that ( let an invited e mail only person access a file click on it and it will self extract to the right pathway in a computer of theirs "this would be with them knowing it and where it will go ) .

i know how to make the self extracting file but what i need is that the file it'sself can't be saved (downloaded ) and can only be self extracted automatically .

Anyone know how this can be done ? Any help as alway's is appreciated . :) is their any special programes needed to do this about only allowing the person to access the file by permission but not download it . I know on skydrive a person can have by invitation only access but that's to download the file it'self .

sybershot

• View Profile
Re: can a smart pc person help me create something ?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 10:22:32 am »
Sorry I don't know how to do that, or if that is even possible with using a sky drive account.
if you find out it is not possible, I have a suggestion for you.
you can build a program that will download and extract the file for you.
then you just give out the program :) hope it helps

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 12:58:02 pm »
Instead of encrypting the file why not key access to that file to each individual person's ID (how ever you decide to encode that).

Most sites use this method as it's by far easier than to create an encrypted code for each person instead of the file.

Just a thought. Think of UltraHal, Robert assigns a unique password or access code / serial number for each person who downloads his program, that way, he doesn't have to modify all the copies of his software.

Good luck with that!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 05:21:51 pm »
Thanks all, Art i had thought of maybe doing somwething like that is their a paid program to create something like that ?

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 01:46:46 am »
Hi lightspeed,

The only way that I know of that you can do what you're wanting to do, is to create an executable file, most zip programs could do this.
Inside of execution of file you set it up to redirect itself to where your data is on the Internet, it will grab that data and install it onto the computer that has execution of file on.
The executional zip file can have a password on it so nobody can open it to look inside of it to see where the data is coming from the Internet.
One of the things that I would like to bring up though, you'll have to purchase the business version of the zip file program in order to be able to do this.
And you will find that these programs are very expensive, so if you're not going to make money off of it it's most likely something you will not want to venture into.
There are companies out there though, that will create a wizard installer program for you, for a lot less money.

Sincerely,
C load.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 04:27:58 pm »
thanks cload, well i'm not worried about money , "ED Mc Man " said i am going to be the next publishers clearing house millionair ! ;)
it sure has been a while getting here though lol!
Thanks for the info, though!