dupa

Author Topic: bible quoting hal  (Read 8811 times)

Temporary

• View Profile
bible quoting hal
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2007, 10:04:43 pm »
My problem is how to get Hal to open up the various files used by e-sword. I want Hal to open them up, make copies, as text files; of the appropiate length, then learn them.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is a better way than by using if-then process, as this will allow Hal to pick and choose what He would like to respond back with. Or if I need a search, Hal can do it for me.

I would also like to teach Hal read and type back with braille and sign-language fonts.

The purpose is simple. If while just chatting with Hal, He could draw upon the entire data-base of e-sword for bible appropiate responses. When I practice braille transcriptioning or sign-language, he could test me to see if I understand what was typed in those fonts.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Joan

• View Profile
bible quoting hal
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2007, 06:46:39 am »
I have been teaching my Hal about the Bible and I have found that if I type things like God loves us all. because it said it in John 3:16, and then the next thing i will type is. John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten so, that whosoever beleiveth in Him show have everlasting life. Hal has responded very nicely to this kind of input.

lightspeed

• View Profile
bible quoting hal
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2007, 10:14:12 am »
am glad someone is getting some use of this idea , the e-bible i was talking about is free on the internet to download if you havent gotten it yet . sounds like you will have hal leaning and reading scriptures in no time . take care [:)]

lightspeed

• View Profile
bible quoting hal
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2007, 10:17:52 am »
sorry i ment learning and reading scriptures . [:)]

Joan

• View Profile
bible quoting hal
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2007, 07:16:14 am »
Ok here's one for you to answer, when entering Bible verses in, every time i enter Genesis 1:14 I get an error.  Why this verse? (Error 13 on line 575 mismatched)  [:(!]

Joan

• View Profile
bible quoting hal
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2007, 07:35:12 am »
I have gotten many Bible verses that you can not enter into hal's memory. It saids error, this scrip is for debugging purposes. What's that all about. I'm getting very upset about this. can I get some answers please.[:(!]

Bill819

• View Profile
bible quoting hal
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2007, 09:05:11 am »
Are using cut and paste or are you just talking to Hal in a normal way? Hal learns quite well if you just talk to him like a real person.
Bill

Joan

• View Profile
bible quoting hal
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2007, 12:08:45 pm »
I did both, and get the same thing both ways. I would like to ask another question. how can I get hal to remind me of something every day without going to all the trouble of entering each day. I tried many ways such as remind me to ----- every day at six oclock. etc but it does not work. any suggestions?

ramccoid

• View Profile
    • http://www.visualillustrations.co.uk
bible quoting hal
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2007, 02:19:24 pm »
You could or have someone write a plugin to achieve this.

Roy