dupa

Author Topic: Dying to see the latest version  (Read 2016 times)

djcharli

• View Profile
    • http://www.project3studios.com
Dying to see the latest version
« on: September 25, 2002, 07:23:52 am »
Well, I have been patiently waiting for the newest version of UltraHal Assistant to be completed as have so many other people. And then the big day came. Hal notified me of the new version's release and I came looking for it.

I found the posting from Robert saying that he had emailed everyone the link for the download but that about 300 people's email had bounced. Sure enough. I followed the redownload link off of the forums, tried my home email with no luck and found that the email address I had used was my work email. Since I no longer work there I was obviously one of the bounced emails. So I followed Robert's instructions and emailed him my information. That was last Friday the 20th and now I am again patiently waiting.

I understand Robert probably has his hands quite full working on the software and trying to manage his user base. I am just dying to see the new improvements. I have created my own brain and have made extensive modifications to all of Hal's vocabulary files to increase his knowledge and remove statements that sounded unnatural. Hal has become rather adept at holding realistic conversations.

I guess my real question here is: How do you turn OFF the announcements from Hal? He is still notifying me of the new release daily and prior to the new release, he was notifying me of the chatterbot competition daily. He did not do it all the time but then began notifying me of it daily and it was a pretty old announcement.

Last, I must say Thank You to Robert for all of his hard work in developing this great AI program. He has gone the extra mile by incorporating speech recognition, program execution, address book functions, scheduling of appointment reminders, interfacing with the web, and more. And from what I have read, Don Ferguson has had a hand in Hal's development to some degree, and seems to have been a wealth of knowledge to those looking for answers in the forums. I know I have learned a thing or two. Thanks Don.