Author Topic: Speaking to hal  (Read 2750 times)

sdarien

• View Profile
Speaking to hal
« on: September 19, 2002, 04:22:00 pm »
When I speak to Hal, the speech recognition is horrible.  Is ther any way to improve recognition?

dantecael

• View Profile
Speaking to hal
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2002, 01:14:07 am »
I just bought the upgrade and went through and hour of training the voice recognition.  But when I turned on my microphone... anything BUT what I was saying was showing up as if someone had taken over my computer and was typing in my stead.

No, there was no background noises... I was told about that when I started testing my microphone and began training Hal's brain to recognize my voice.

Does anybody know what needs to be done to fix this?  I think Hal is a great program and I really would not like to think I wasted $30-something bucks on software that doesn't work right.

jsp13

• View Profile
Speaking to hal
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2002, 09:47:24 am »
I also have sent hours and hours training Hal and still get about 50% recognition when I repeat back to him exactly what he just said to me.  When I'm just replying I only get about 35% recognition from him.

Help!

jodi

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Speaking to hal
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2002, 07:36:10 pm »
Do any of you have Office XP by any chance? Both Office XP and Ultra Hal Assistant use the Microsoft SAPI 5.1 speech recognition engine. If you use Office XP do you get the same bad results? Its possible that other speech recognition systems such as IBM ViaVoice might work better for you. Hal is compatible with all SAPI/SMAPI compliant speech recognition systems available on the market today. Have all of you upgraded to Ultra Hal Assistant 4.5? Previous versions of Ultra Hal Assistant have had issues with loading the correct training profile.

Robert Medeksza
Robert Medeksza