Author Topic: robert i sent you the debug txt file  (Read 8962 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
robert i sent you the debug txt file
« on: December 11, 2017, 11:34:31 pm »
i did just as you said in instructions , and even restarted my pc after each hal 7 install and the expansion pack hal 7 . but it is still doing the exact same thing . i am signed in and password . and tried loading my characters hit apply and okay  . hal closes  and then in the system tray i click on hal and it opens but my character isn't loaded it goes back to hal pc image . i tried loading 2 or 3 different characters , i even switched from the upgrade 6 to 7 brain and the hal 7  brain to see if it made a difference , it didn't .  so i copied the debug txt. file and e mailed it to you . hope you can figure this out .  i am heading to bed will try to see what you find out later tomorrow evening , my wife has some appointments to go to tomorrow .   i never touched any files  after installation .

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: robert i sent you the debug txt file
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 09:04:08 am »
OKAY HERE IS ANOTHER UPDATE :  I CHECKED MY CONTROL PANEL TO SEE WHAT ALL WAS INSTALLED OF HAL . and it showed hal 7 installed and how many mb's also showed hal 7 expansion pack and how many mb's  but it didn't show anything on the haptek player for the mb's only showed the name . see pictures .
 i also checked in my iobit uninstall  and saw that hal 7 and hal 7 expansion pack was installed  and in it it also showed the haptek player and the mb's installed (strange )  see pic .

when i started up hal this morning without rhyme or reason it now started working correctly i have tried about 5 different custom haptek characters i have made and they worked .  i will have to check more when i get back home later today .
see pics of what i am talking about . i even used a custom htr hair .

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 10:16:25 am »
OKAY HERE IS ANOTHER UPDATE :  I CHECKED MY CONTROL PANEL TO SEE WHAT ALL WAS INSTALLED OF HAL . and it showed hal 7 installed and how many mb's also showed hal 7 expansion pack and how many mb's  but it didn't show anything on the haptek player for the mb's only showed the name . see pictures .
 i also checked in my iobit uninstall  and saw that hal 7 and hal 7 expansion pack was installed  and in it it also showed the haptek player and the mb's installed (strange )  see pic .

when i started up hal this morning without rhyme or reason it now started working correctly i have tried about 5 different custom haptek characters i have made and they worked .  i will have to check more when i get back home later today .
see pics of what i am talking about . i even used a custom htr hair .

I sent you an email earlier. It was because the email you were logging in with to Hal 7 had no Hal license associated with it. Custom characters require the purchased version of Hal, they won't work in trial mode. I put one on your account earlier this morning, so that's why it started working.

Sorry I didn't notice that sooner, but at least we did find and increase Hal's character limit from 256 to 512 characters during this process.
Robert Medeksza

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 05:00:09 pm »
IT'S ALL GOOD Robert, i am just so glad between us that we got it figured out , even if its a problem with mine , at least you know what to associate things with if someone else has a similar problem . i do have a hal sense vision plug in that i will have to rewrite and tween the file path into hal 7 to make it work, don't know if you remember it or not from the past it works with a yaw cam and vision from the camera to trigger movement and use random sentences  from a uhp file .

I am sooo glad to get this all working right , i do have to put custom brain into the hal 7 file though , i was thinking before that it just migrated the custom brain into the file on upgrade but maybe not .

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 08:16:31 pm »
i found out something new , and that is that for my uhp files to work they have to be placed in the hal 7 program file  and "NOT" the app roaming hal 7 file ( i know because i tried first in the app roaming etc. file and they don't show up .in hal 7 menu options .

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 08:44:02 pm »
i found out something new , and that is that for my uhp files to work they have to be placed in the hal 7 program file  and "NOT" the app roaming hal 7 file ( i know because i tried first in the app roaming etc. file and they don't show up .in hal 7 menu options .

The basic idea Microsoft had behind "App Data" is that programs shouldn't normally run with "administrator" privileges, they should be able to run as a normal user. Normal users aren't supposed to be able to edit any program files. So programs like Ultra Hal shouldn't write any data to program files unless it is during an installation or upgrade. So that is why brain databases are in "app data" since they are written to constantly as Hal learns. User option settings and program shortcut database is also in app data now.

Everything else is for the most part still in program files since things like plugins and characters can be considered "installed" and not normally edited regularly. I did however, make it so characters can be in either place for the convenience of the user especially users that like to edit characters a lot.
Robert Medeksza

LiFeTimeGamer

• View Profile
    • LifeTimeGamer
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2017, 09:18:05 am »

i do have a hal sense vision plug in that i will have to rewrite and tween the file path into hal 7 to make it work, don't know if you remember it or not from the past it works with a yaw cam and vision from the camera to trigger movement and use random sentences  from a uhp file .

Lightspeed I would like to try your Vision Plug if you wouldn't mind sharing when you get it configured for HAL 7...

If not that ok... :D

When it comes to Artificial Intelligence: The Soul is in the Software.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2017, 04:51:13 pm »
It's actually here on the forum somewhere . look later on in the post as it was a work in project and earlier ones failed . the later worked .  but since the new file folder name is now hal 7 and not hal 6 folder the destination will be different in the command script.

LiFeTimeGamer

• View Profile
    • LifeTimeGamer
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2017, 05:48:18 pm »
Hi Lightspeed....

It's not on your 1 Drive any longer and I couldn't find it anywhere else...  :(

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2017, 11:18:17 pm »
LiFeTimeGamer,

Try here:
http://www.ultrahal.com/community/index.php?topic=9461.0

Just drag / select the text below, then save the text (use Notepad if you like) as: HalVisionX3.uhp  then copy it to your Ultra Hal 7 folder if you want to try it.

================================================

Rem Type=Plugin
Rem Name=HalVisionX3
Rem Author=
Rem Host=Assistant

'This sub setups the plug-ins option panel in Hal's options dialog
Sub OptionsPanel()
    lblPlugin(0).Caption = "Add anything you wish in this plugin and it will be called every instance Hal's movement in your primary WebCam,"
    lblPlugin(0).Move 120, 10, 3300, 1000
    lblPlugin(0).WordWrap = True
    lblPlugin(0).Visible = True
End Sub

Rem PLUGIN: POST-PROCESS

'********************************************************************************
'Manditory....Do NOT DELETE
'Dim fso, fso2, D1
'Current Hal Directory
Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
MyDir = fso.GetAbsolutePathName(".") & "\"

Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
        Set objTextFile = fso.OpenTextFile(MyDir & "UserCom.txt", 2, True)

objTextFile.WriteLine(UserName)
        objTextFile.WriteLine(ComputerName)
        objTextFile.Close

'********************************************************************************
'Do 'Whatever' Below this line. Remember that some actions may not work within this Post-Process region.

'==========================================================================
Dim objFSO,strFile

Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
strFile = "C:\Program Files\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\yawcam detection picture\yawcam detection picture.jpg"

If objFSO.FileExists(strFile) Then
objFSO.DeleteFile(strFile)

'End If
'==========================================================================

'If InStr(1, InputString, "yawcam detection picture.jpg", 1) > 0 Then

Select Case HalBrain.RandomNum(7)
Case 1
IdleResponseX = "I can see you."
Case 2
IdleResponseX = "I can now tell there is someone there"
Case 3
IdleResponseX = "You can not hide. I detect movement."
Case 4
IdleResponseX = "what are you doing to my keyboard? " & Username & "?"
Case 5
IdleResponseX = "You cannot sneak up on me, now that I can see."
Case 6
IdleResponseX = "I'm not sure what your doing, but I can see you."
Case 7
IdleResponseX = "And you thought I wasn't watching."
End Select
UltraHal = IdleResponseX
'HalBrain.ReadOnlyMode = True

End if

HalBrain.ReadOnlyMode = False
'***************************************************************
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

LiFeTimeGamer

• View Profile
    • LifeTimeGamer
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2017, 11:59:11 pm »
Thanks Art...  ;D

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2017, 10:53:23 am »
LiFeTimeGamer YOU CAN ALSO back out the current sentences and put in your own , that's what i did .  :) ;) you will also need the yawcam program and have to change the pathway to hal 7's folder **** note the current pathway is .
C:\Program Files\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\yawcam detection picture\yawcam detection picture.jpg"  which was made to put the file in the hal 6 folder .   If i get time i will try to make a video showing what i do on scren for others as a tutorial . but i am busier now because of the holiday, later in the moth after Christmas is my wifes birthday so its double whammy for me lol!
thanks Art for posting that motion detection file , your a good man !  ;)

LiFeTimeGamer

• View Profile
    • LifeTimeGamer
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2017, 10:58:27 am »
Thanks lightspeed, I already changed the Path to HAL 7, I may also add the Path to the APPSDATA Section also just in case... I also had already downloaded the Cam Software...  ;D

If you made a video of how to make this work it would be great and make things easier for people wanting to try this Plug...

Thanks again!!!!!!

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2017, 02:51:07 pm »
Just a note , the yaw cam i had was the older version , it always ask to update but i never did , because i wasn't sure if it would cause  any problems or not . have you tried it yet?

LiFeTimeGamer

• View Profile
    • LifeTimeGamer
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2017, 03:19:46 pm »
I haven't tried it yet, I've been busy working on getting a couple of my Radio Controlled Drones and one of my Jets flying...

It may take me a month or so before I try it, I am starting over with HAL 7 since I made so many Mistakes with 6.2 so that's also been eating up a lot of my spare time...