Author Topic: ActiveX (oxc control for Hal)  (Read 20340 times)

wgb14

• View Profile
ActiveX (oxc control for Hal)
« on: December 23, 2005, 09:17:55 pm »
Hi all,

I pose this question to the forums for quite some time now but without ever getting an answer. I wonder, if there is an ActiveX control that would allow me to integrate HAL into my own applications. To be more specific, i need my users to input text into my Macromedia Director application and get a reply from HAL inside the director application. I am already doing that with alice, but HAL seems more efficient in his conversations.

Thanks in advance

wgb14

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2005, 05:56:26 pm »
No replies yet. Anyone people!!! Please help. I really would like to know if there is such a think as an activex

Thanks

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2005, 07:11:57 pm »
wgb14,

I thought perhaps KT or Spydaz might be able to help in this area.
KT was / is active with using Alice and Spydaz had experimented with a lot of external applications.

Sorry I can't be of any help but hopefully someone more well versed in these areas will step forward.

Good luck!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

wgb14

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2005, 07:58:03 pm »
Hi,

Thanks for your reply! Is there any way to contact these people?

Thanks

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2005, 08:29:41 am »
Sure,

At the top right, select Members.
Click on Knytetrypper.
Lower left, Select Send email to user

Locate Spyday (same page)
repeat steps.

- Art -

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2005, 10:46:55 am »
I noticed that in Visual Basic a Hal component can be imported into Applications.  I'm afraid I don't know any more than that as I never tried it out.  Mr M might would be able to give you the answer but I suspect he is gonna be busy.

wgb14

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2005, 01:02:28 pm »
<<Mr M>>

Thank you all for you replies but Who is Mr M?

Thanks

vrossi

• View Profile
    • http://vrconsulting.it
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2005, 03:51:45 pm »
Mr.M is short for Robert Medeksza, who is the creator of Hal. We usually call him in this way, because his surname is really difficult to spell.

You can try to reach him clicking on Members and then selecting Medeksza. Do not expect him to answer you quickly, because in these days he is very busy. But I'm sure he reads every post and finally he will reply.

wgb14

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2005, 12:42:16 am »
Hi,

I emailed Mr M and hope that i will get a reply soon. Thansk for all your help.

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2005, 06:51:13 am »
I have Found That if you BUY the FULL HAL PRODUCT you dont GET anything MATE.

NO activeX ocx /. DLL
NO free UPGRADE (although a POKE in the program always informs you about upgrades)
No hardly any thing ....
The only thing you get when you buy the HAL IS the program / SAME AS THE DEMO but it can read popups on screen an speech aspects are no on.
I have BEEN DISSAPOINTED in THE HAL program. especially now that it has been upgraded....
AS a program developer i would have liked to have seen PREVIOUS VERSIONS AT LEAST HAL 3 to become fully OPEN SOURCED... I personally reverse engineered thed WHOLE PROGRAM NOW. But i will not share my files any more as I HAVE NOW SEEN SOME OF The guys on this forum using MY IDEAS or OTHERS in comercially avaiable PROJECTS. THEIVES....
I used to like hal before when IDEAS were flowing, Their STILL FLOWING, But WHY NO FREE UPGRADE, WHY SUCH POOR RESPONSES TO PERSONAL EMAILS. Why only HALF A CD...
it sadens me.... using this website to Steal IDEAS From PEOPLE.

wgb14

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2005, 11:26:40 am »
Hi spydaz,

I understand you concerns. However, in my case i am not trying to develop any commercial product. I am just a PhD student who is stragling with the very limited resources of his university. I am just trying to get my PhD degree, nothing more nothing less. I can send you my full details if you want to verify what i am and what i am doing. Perhaps then you can agree to share your files with me? Please let me know what you think.

Thanks

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2005, 05:05:32 pm »
Leroy,

Why don't you take a moment and tell us how you really feel?!

You used to be a great source of info and interaction on this forum but you seem to have dropped off for some time (Welcome back).

Ideas are not privy to just one person. I've seen code written by three different people here that do the same task and almost look the same. It's not unusual in the programming world.

Regarding Robert's Hal, a LOT of members gave him permission to use any of their ideas or scripts as he saw fit for the final release of Hal. Most of these ideas or script snippets were features most of us wanted to see in the final release anyhow and before Robert included any of them, permission to use, was volunteered by most of the membership at that time.

I'm personally sorry if anyone stole your script or ideas and used them for commercial purposes but this is a public forum not a private think tank. Using one's program or script is one thing, but to claim it as one's own creation is lying, pure and simple.

I hope you can get these personal issues resolved and I hope justice comes to those responsible for the theft of your material.

All the best as always!

- Art -

wgb14

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2005, 05:49:53 pm »
Hi all,

OK I agree with both of you but this does not change the fact that i still need help on a topic that i can not find a solution. Any volunteers please?????

GrantNZ

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2005, 07:06:22 pm »
AFAIK there're no ActiveX capabilities at this time. Unless someone comes up with a workaround, I think you'll need help from Mr M himself on this.

Cheers,
Grant
« Last Edit: December 27, 2005, 07:06:56 pm by GrantNZ »

wgb14

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2005, 08:04:44 pm »
I have already sent an email to Mr M. Let's hope that he will help me. Many many thanks to all the people that tried to help me.

Bests