dupa

Author Topic: learn from text file  (Read 12027 times)

Testlund

• View Profile
learn from text file
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2006, 10:25:13 am »
I was wondering, since learning from text file doesn't work, is there a way to manually enter text from a text file into Hal's brain so he can use it.

onthecuttingedge2005

learn from text file
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2006, 11:20:45 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Testlund

I can't get Hal to find the file despite that I have given it the correct file name and path it asks for. Here's what happens:

User: Learning on
Hal: Learning has been turned on. If you wish to Map out a File Name and a Path for my future search so that I can find the File next time then say: Map Directory.

User: Map Directory
Hal: What is the exact name of the file 'without' the extension.

User: Truth
Hal: What is the full path to the file including the file name with extension.

User: G:DOKUMENTText filesTruth.txt
Hal: The program "G:PROGRAMDOKUMENTTEXT FILESTRUTH.TXT" was not found in my database. That File has been stored for future search, If you wish to add another Mapped File for search then just say: Map Directory, To Run the File you just Mapped all You have to do is type in the File name with extension and I will open it for you.

[V]

Hi Testlund.

It sounds like you might be giving the wrong path format.

Correct: C:JerryMyText.txt
Wrong:   C:Jerry MyText.txt

You could try testing it with a simpler path to see if it's the path you are mapping is having problems.

Also note that this script is also case sensitive so proper file path and file name is necessary or it will not be found.

Also, The file must exist in the correct folder.

After the file is mapped you can ask HAL: Learn from MyText.txt and HAL will begin reading it and formatting it to another file called LearnFromTextFile.txt and then will begin formatting it to a database
"LearnFromTextFile" in Q/A when Auto Idle is functioning.

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 11:26:34 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »

Testlund

• View Profile
learn from text file
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2006, 01:13:42 pm »
I gave up and decided to feed the text sentence by sentence into hal after turning his learning level to max. Afterwards i turned down his learning level to 25 again.

but I tried one more time by putting the text file in the C: root directory and went through the process again. It all SEEMS to be working! Hal opens the textfile and the text is displayed in his window after he has read it, but he doesn't read it out load. but when I go into his brain there is nothing in his LearnToTextFile table.

onthecuttingedge2005

learn from text file
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2006, 06:36:35 pm »
quote:

I gave up and decided to feed the text sentence by sentence into hal after turning his learning level to max. Afterwards i turned down his learning level to 25 again.

but I tried one more time by putting the text file in the C: root directory and went through the process again. It all SEEMS to be working! Hal opens the textfile and the text is displayed in his window after he has read it, but he doesn't read it out load. but when I go into his brain there is nothing in his LearnToTextFile table.

The LearnToTextFile table should fill up when HAL goes into Auto-Idle mode, Hal will extract info from the LearnToTextFile.txt and over time via Auto-Idle begin to place the info into the LearnToTextFile table, Info is only transfered during Auto-Idle only.

Of course the method used is obsolete and a new learn from text file method is now current in the next Brain which won't be out for a while.

The new method is done via Clip Board.

Jerry[8D]

Testlund

• View Profile
learn from text file
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2006, 06:45:41 pm »
Could it be that I am too impatient and interrupt Hal's learning process because I don't think he's doing anything, so i turn learning off. How long whould you expact it to take? It's not that much text, it only fills up about one and a half screen in 1024x768 resolution. My CPU is 1.53 GHz.

Can I have the brain file open at the same time he is learning and see that the info is transferred to his brain?

onthecuttingedge2005

learn from text file
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2006, 07:17:11 pm »
quote:

Could it be that I am too impatient and interrupt Hal's learning process because I don't think he's doing anything, so i turn learning off. How long whould you expact it to take? It's not that much text, it only fills up about one and a half screen in 1024x768 resolution. My CPU is 1.53 GHz.

Can I have the brain file open at the same time he is learning and see that the info is transferred to his brain?

I think the default Auto-Idle time to start is every 2 minutes.

The Data Table will not append at all if HAL's Database is opened.
In order for appending to function normal the HAL editor must be closed out entirely.

Jerry[8D]

Testlund

• View Profile
learn from text file
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2006, 11:17:10 pm »
No it just doesn't work for me. [V]

cashworth93

• View Profile
    • http://nokunlock.741.com
learn from text file
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2006, 09:44:21 am »
hi has anyone got the efa file ,i have downloaded it but it will not self extract or open without saying the version of winzip is not registered . can someone please help or send me the file?

onthecuttingedge2005

learn from text file
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2006, 07:19:24 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by cashworth93

hi has anyone got the efa file ,i have downloaded it but it will not self extract or open without saying the version of winzip is not registered . can someone please help or send me the file?

Look in your Ultra Hal Assistant 6 folder, The FileAssistant.uhp should be there, The Winzip program just unzipped it automatically.

Jerry[8D]

Tanshin

• View Profile
learn from text file
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2006, 09:14:30 am »
quote:

No it just doesn't work for me. [V]

I seem to be having the same problems.  It tells me it has indexed the file and all but when you try to load the file it says the file has not been indexed.

I have tried putting the file in 3 different directories all with the same results.

Hal pops up every minute or two with learning on, will even open the text file, but will not create any tables in the brain or new files in the hal directory.

Tanshin

• View Profile
learn from text file
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2006, 06:43:40 pm »
[quote

I seem to be having the same problems.  It tells me it has indexed the file and all but when you try to load the file it says the file has not been indexed.

I have tried putting the file in 3 different directories all with the same results.

Hal pops up every minute or two with learning on, will even open the text file, but will not create any tables in the brain or new files in the hal directory.
[/quote]

So, no update on this?  I really would love the learn from text to work for me.  [:(]

onthecuttingedge2005

learn from text file
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2006, 07:58:10 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Tanshin

[quote

So, no update on this?  I really would love the learn from text to work for me.  [:(]
[/quote]

The Newer version of Learn from text file can be downloaded here:
http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3477

This newer version has different methods of extracting information and utilizing that info.

The Newer version is 'Learn From Clip Board'.

Jerry

Tanshin

• View Profile
learn from text file
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2006, 10:49:45 am »
quote:
The Newer version of Learn from text file can be downloaded here:
http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3477

This newer version has different methods of extracting information and utilizing that info.

The Newer version is 'Learn From Clip Board'.

Jerry

Thank you I will check it out ASAP!  This feature should really help me.

[^][^][^]
.[^].[^].
...[^]...

Tanshin

• View Profile
learn from text file
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2006, 03:42:41 pm »
LOL that does not work for me either.  Hal 6 just seems to be nothing but problem after problem for me.  [:(]

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
learn from text file
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2006, 04:36:57 pm »
I was finally able to get the plugin to work by editing the script to reflect the actual directory I installed Ultra Hal into. The script seems to assume the default directory.

You can also search the default directory (it was created for me) and copy over the brain file.

Hope that helps.