dupa

Author Topic: Haptek start up  (Read 12196 times)

Carl2

• View Profile
Haptek start up
« on: June 03, 2007, 03:20:03 pm »
As I had said previously I had put together some files to change the startup method for Haptek characters.  The files can be used alone
or with the vrHaptek plugin.  It has been used with both version 5 and version 6 of Hal.
Carl2

Download Attachment: HaptekStartup.zip
2.57 KB

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
Haptek start up
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 03:23:51 pm »
What does it do exactly?[?]
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

raybe

• View Profile
Haptek start up
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 07:29:48 pm »
Hi carl2,

I also would like to know if this is the patch you mentioned to repair the double character load problem? Will this work if I am using a torso character and I just need to change the file from fullbody to my torso character as idicated in the text file. Also I will assume you have tried this with 6.1. Thanks so much for your time and effort. I will try this patch after I have read your reply.

Thanks,
raybe

Carl2

• View Profile
Haptek start up
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 10:45:13 pm »
markofkane,
  I originaly used this to load a modified haptek character in Hal ver 5, it loads fullbody girl with a different jpeg.  I started using vrHaptek and ran into some startup problems that others have also had.
Right now I'm using it with Hal 6.1 with vrHaptek to avoid the start up  problems.  I have a ReadMe file to help with some necessary changes. It requires making a folder, copying some files to this folder and changing addresses in some files I've included.
raybe,
  The vrHaptek pulgin is meant to use with a fullbody character and uses animations such as walking ect.  I would think walking haps simply would not work with a torso character, also they could just be taken out of the plugin.
  The purpose of my files is to avoid the startup problems, it will load a character and load a modified skin.  In your case you will also have to change the name of the htr that is loaded.  If your just trying to load a torso character it's probably easier to just mark this character in the options and take out the loading in the vrHaptek plugin.
Carl2

raybe

• View Profile
Haptek start up
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 09:43:12 pm »
Thanks Carl2 that answers my questions. I appreciate your response and I will let you know how its going.

Thanks again,
raybe

GT40

• Hey, I see you!
    • View Profile
    • My Bots
Haptek start up
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007, 02:40:39 pm »
Hi everyone. I'll like to thank Carl2 for his HaptekStartup.zip.

Many tips and tricks of this forum are useful for my little "experiments". After unzipping the file, what a surprise to discover an only 279 bytes .htr file. After editing, it appeared to be a text file, something like a .hap file.

The original Haptek character I prefer is a torso one, the Lola of the Haptek Corporate section. She was the spark that made me addicted to Haptek and I use her for several bots. She is built with the bizlady, hair5 and bizlashes .htr's. Now, with an only six lines file (named... Lola.htr), I can load the character. And create a lot of other ".htr's".

I know it's not a real .htr/.haptar. And what I write here is evident for people using Haptek tools but it was for me a revelation.

Thanks Again, Carl2.
Time to waste with skits, bots & other useless things? Why not visit
http://gt40.chez-alice.fr/Haptek/MyBots.htm ? Oops, sorry, a museum!

raybe

• View Profile
Haptek start up
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2007, 12:59:18 am »
Hi GT40 & Carl2,

I think you are both capable of answering my question and I am using the same torso character as GT40. Can either one of you tell me how I can default the hair to the HairBlack.hap file I have. I am trying to get the character to load with the black hair hap file from the start. I also don't want to forget to thank Carl2 for solving my loading problem. I still need to work on the basics of how you got around that problem but GT40 seems to have a good handle on that.

Thanks again,
raybe

ramccoid

• View Profile
    • http://www.visualillustrations.co.uk
Haptek start up
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2007, 02:58:08 am »
Hi Raybe,

You can have HAL load up your hair.htr at starup by using this bit of script:

Rem PLUGIN: SCRIPT_LOAD
HalMenu.HalCommand "<HAPFILE> name of file added here </HAPFILE>"

Roy.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 03:00:07 am by ramccoid »

raybe

• View Profile
Haptek start up
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2007, 11:02:37 am »
Thanks ramccoid,

I tried your suggestion but the hair hap file I am trying use with my torso character did not load. I tried just for good measure
inputing the htr file with no results.Just to be clear I changed the script using the hap and then htr seperatly. I am sure the hap file is just not loaded within the right sequence based upon the changes made by Carl2 startup file I loaded which works great. Just a note I did note import the Loadskin.hap or or emptyscene.hap that is included in Carl2's files because I am using the torso character and I am only trying to load new hair and I am using my own jpeg backgrounds for day and night. Thank you for your time. Any other help would be most appreciated.

raybe

raybe

• View Profile
Haptek start up
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2007, 11:02:48 am »
Thanks ramccoid,

I tried your suggestion but the hair hap file I am trying use with my torso character did not load. I tried just for good measure
inputing the htr file with no results.Just to be clear I changed the script using the hap and then htr seperatly. I am sure the hap file is just not loaded within the right sequence based upon the changes made by Carl2 startup file I loaded which works great. Just a note I did note import the Loadskin.hap or or emptyscene.hap that is included in Carl2's files because I am using the torso character and I am only trying to load new hair and I am using my own jpeg backgrounds for day and night. Thank you for your time. Any other help would be most appreciated.

raybe

raybe

• View Profile
Haptek start up
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2007, 11:03:22 am »
Thanks ramccoid,

raybe

raybe

• View Profile
Haptek start up
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2007, 11:05:09 am »
Thanks ramccoid,

raybe

raybe

• View Profile
Haptek start up
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2007, 11:08:11 am »
Sorry, Sorry, Sorry,
My browser did not give a reply that the post was succesful and I did not check. My fault I apoligize to the forum for the multi post I will be more careful in the future.

raybe

ramccoid

• View Profile
    • http://www.visualillustrations.co.uk
Haptek start up
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2007, 11:46:20 am »
Hi Raybe
You must have you hair HTR file in the 'characters' folder that is in the 'Ultra Hal Assistant 6' folder for the routine to work.

Roy.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 11:47:53 am by ramccoid »

raybe

• View Profile
Haptek start up
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2007, 12:57:26 pm »
I am going to just keep apoligizing to you ramccoid until I get this straight and my head out of my @#$. I installed the hair htr file in the character folder and I still have no change to my torso character. It is obvious I am missing something or not giving you enough information on some of those changes made by the procedures to get the new Haptek startup file by Carl2 to work. I do appreciate the time and patience you are having with me.

raybe