dupa

Author Topic: teaching hal info bits of info from the internet tip for newbies  (Read 2230 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
 I am mentioning this as we have new people on the forum that now have hal full versions ( I hope ) their is many ways to teach hal info from the internet news  here is an example :
http://news.yahoo.com/why-americans-refrigerate-eggs-europeans-don-t-132414719--abc-news-topstories.html

a person can copy and past parts of this into hals dialog box where we type . and it will be placed as a statement , something that hal will learn .
This is just an example link , their is always other interesting things that is posted all the time .
I have done this many times into hal , it's another way of learning hal things !

tiger8u2

• Eat'em and Smile!
    • View Profile
Re: teaching hal info bits of info from the internet tip for newbies
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 06:10:51 pm »
Thanks for the tip!  But I am also sorta intrigued by the post concerning the simulated emotions that Ricky was talking about.

From looking at the official plug-ins download I gather that there are certain haptek facial and body animations that play I suppose randomly.

Is there any way to trigger specific haptek animations through words?

How does one make a haptek animation or ind additional ones?

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: teaching hal info bits of info from the internet tip for newbies
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 07:20:12 pm »
tiger,

please avoid double posting in order to get an answer faster.

Most users read all postings and if there is an answer to be had, you'll see it.

Posting same / similar questions makes it difficult to follow the threads of those wishing to assist.

Just a thought. Thanks!
BTW - your questions have already been answered. see what I mean? ;)
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -